Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Signups for the 12th Annual Ornament Swap Closes midnight October 31 >
  • Signups for the 12th Annual Ornament Swap Closes midnight October 31

• Signups for the 12th Annual Ornament Swap Closes midnight October 31

Old 11-17-2022, 07:18 PM

My package went out this morning! USPS says should arrive on Monday. Wonder who it is going to? Shhhh, can't tell. It is a secret. Tee-Hee-Hee
    Old 11-18-2022, 11:35 AM

get it mailed--snow stopped for a bit so ran and caught bus to post office and snow started up again as bus arrived. really coming down by time i left post office. got a couple inches by morning so good thing my plowman got home yesterday. pkg should reach destination by early next week
    Old 11-18-2022, 12:26 PM
    Power Poster

The carpet guys left thirty minutes ago It took two days. Yureka! I have new carpeting installed. They did a really good job. The rain gutter installers arrived ten minutes later. Hubby is dealing with that, thank the Lord. I have a mountain of boxes to unpack. Oh the joy's of a happy homemaker. LOL!
    I haven't gotten my package yet, but I am in no hurry I don't want it lost. LOL!

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 11-18-2022 at 12:29 PM.
    Old 11-18-2022, 01:14 PM
    Power Poster

Yesterday a sweet little square box arrived in my mail. I'm sure it's my ornament! Will put it aside for opening day. Thank you, swap partner!
    Old 11-18-2022, 06:56 PM

Silver icicles were pulled from Christmas a few years back because of fire concerns. You shouldn't be able to buy a box anywhere unless they slip through a thrift store donation or yard sale.
    Old 11-18-2022, 08:13 PM

Silver Icicles? I have two boxes in the bottom of my Christmas decorations tub. Just can't open them and use them because I know I can't get any more. Such good memories of learning how to put them on the tree with my father. He taught me how to patiently put them on one at a time and in the back of the tree too. Any one out there have bubble lights on their tree as a child? I remember being just fascinating by them and would stand and watch the for long spans of time to to see the liquid warm up the little bubbles rise to the top of that long glass vial. Those lights were so 1950's but were a delight.
    Old 11-18-2022, 10:33 PM
    Power Poster

I loved the bubble lights so much too! I bought some repro ones at Restoration Hardware many years back, and we still hang them on the tree every year. They are pretty much the same as the ones we had during the 50s-60s.
    Old 11-19-2022, 05:00 AM

Congratulations, RedGarnet, on getting the next step completed. As hard as it can be, starting fresh is so....refreshing. Enjoy! Carpet is in just in time for holiday home decorating. Yea!!
    Old 11-19-2022, 10:07 AM
    Power Poster

Just looked up the bubble lights. You can still buy them on Amazon, about $25 for a string of 10!
    Old 11-19-2022, 10:56 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
    Congratulations, RedGarnet, on getting the next step completed. As hard as it can be, starting fresh is so....refreshing. Enjoy! Carpet is in just in time for holiday home decorating. Yea!!
    Thank you WMUTeach. I will skip right to the christmas decorations after I get the rest all put away.
    I remember my siblings and I lying under the tree waiting for bubbles to begin. So many giggles and talk of wonderment. A lovely memory of childhood.