Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Buying fabrics >
  • Buying fabrics

• Buying fabrics

Old 09-02-2010, 10:16 AM

Oh, oh, oh, not an illness! Or I've got the illness too. But I have begun to use these treasures recently. Made a slue of holiday little girl aprons to sell at local bezaar. Have collected these ribbons, remnants, & lace for years. The aprons went together fast & fun; hope they sell. Then I can hit the January clearance for more stuff!!!!
    Old 09-02-2010, 10:44 AM
    Banned

Hello. My name is Theresa and I am a fabric-holic.

I buy fabric I like! When I see something that is fabulous it 'sparks an idea' of how I would like to use it.
    Not once have I purchased a pattern first - then looked for fabric; doesn't work for me.
    Old 09-02-2010, 12:46 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by sharon b
    You mean we are suppose to have a project in mind BEFORE buying the fabric :shock: No wonder I have so much fabric , been doing it backwards all these years ....LOL
    Holy Cow I've been backwards too!!! :thumbup:

I cant walk past a fabric store without buying something.. It seems so wrong for me to leave empty handed !!!!
    Old 09-02-2010, 05:15 PM

You are not alone. But I find those "unspecified" purchases always find a home, sooner or later. Look on the bright side... you'll always have a good stash. :)
    Old 09-02-2010, 06:21 PM

If we don't keep buying all the fabric we love, then they won't have room for more fabric that we will love. Seems like a win win situation to me.
    Old 09-02-2010, 07:53 PM

OMG, OMG!!! I HAVE THE SAME ADDICTION!!! I just LOVE the precuts! I started out just buying a couple charm packs. Then I wanted EVERY charm pack available. Then I graduated to layer cakes (more fabric to work with but you still get a whole collection). Now I have started buying some of those BEAUTIFUL batik strips - - Tonga Treats and Bali Pops! I spent $300 on Ebay last month and haven't started a single quilt or wallhanging from any of it. Thank goodness I don't have a husband or he would divorce me! I keep telling myself I have to STOP, but then I see something gorgeous on a fabric website or on Ebay..... HELP!!!! Where's Fabriholics Anonymous???!!!!
    Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by JustBonnie2
    OMG, OMG!!! I HAVE THE SAME ADDICTION!!! I just LOVE the precuts! I started out just buying a couple charm packs. Then I wanted EVERY charm pack available. Then I graduated to layer cakes (more fabric to work with but you still get a whole collection). Now I have started buying some of those BEAUTIFUL batik strips - - Tonga Treats and Bali Pops! I spent $300 on Ebay last month and haven't started a single quilt or wallhanging from any of it. Thank goodness I don't have a husband or he would divorce me! I keep telling myself I have to STOP, but then I see something gorgeous on a fabric website or on Ebay..... HELP!!!! Where's Fabriholics Anonymous???!!!!
    They meet at my house every Friday.
    Old 09-02-2010, 08:27 PM

I see it. I love it. I buy it. My problem is that I buy bolts of fabric at a time. I justify it by explaining that when I retire from my "day job" and have limited income I will be able to continue to quilt, using my huge stash ---- that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Old 09-02-2010, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by k9dancer
    Originally Posted by JustBonnie2
    They meet at my house every Friday.
    Great! What time? Do I need to bring anything? Cookies, cake, fat quarters???
    Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 PM
    Power Poster

Fabric is good. LOL