Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Banned

where is everyone????????? there is a pic on my pda of john.....

what the heck happened to the price of food??????????? jim is at the grocery store. cottage cheese was always $1 for 16oz the same company today is $2.39. american cheese was $4.99 lb today it was $6.99 almost everything on the list has increased by about 25%. i am in shock how did it all go up so much in 2 weeks??????
Old 01-15-2011, 10:29 AM

tru.......

I haven't seen cottage cheese for .99 in years...the best we can do is $1.99...and occasionally 2/$3.

I guess you are joining the rest of us now !!!!!
Old 01-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Sorry I haven't been on here much the last few days. I have been busy being creative. LOL!! I have been reading the weight loss thread each day, just not saying much.

I am doing good. 1 pound down but to be honest I am just not feeling the motivation right now. So no ones fault but my own.

I have 3 ppl home sick with upper respiratory infections. I am getting ready to go to walmart and get some lysol and food to make Chicken Fajita's. YUMMY!

My van has been in the shop since Wed. Dh called them because I was tired of sitting around the apartment. They gave me a piece of crap loaner to use until my van is ready. If I was paying for it I would be throwing a fit. When ford screws up they really screw up. This is the second time I have had a recall on a part. Wish I could afford to get something else. Oh well I will just deal with what I got.

Did you all see the gift I got yesterday? I received 6 rolls of 48 X 60 batting for my charity quilts from a wonderful Angel on the board. That means I can get some of the quilts completed!!! YAY!!!!!

Well I gotta take off. You all have a wonderful day of weight loss dreams.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Where is everybody? My January is just a yo-yo. I'm wavering between 273 and 270, which will be a 4-7 pound loss. I'm happy to be losing, but frustrated that I'm not consistent. I guess it is plateau time.

Tru-your lasagna sounds delish. Enjoy it for now and eat salads with me next week.

Carrie-how are you doing?

Missy-where the heck ARE you?
I am here! For the last few days I have been nursing my mom back to health and now I have caught was she had and spending lots of time resting and sleeping.

I am hoping this passes soon. Ugh. I feel like utter crap.

Missy

Look VERY VERY closely...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160974[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-160969.jpe  
Old 01-15-2011, 05:31 PM

I'm doing a lot of block making (I'm in the Boomerang swap and have a 3 day weekend to sew) so I'm having a lot of fun. I've done EA Sports Active for the last couple days and that's been helping a lot. We're due more snow so I'm doing as much as I can right now.

I've been reading this thread a lot, just not commenting. Sorry ladies.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Sorry I haven't been on here much the last few days. I have been busy being creative. LOL!! I have been reading the weight loss thread each day, just not saying much.

I am doing good. 1 pound down but to be honest I am just not feeling the motivation right now. So no ones fault but my own.

I have 3 ppl home sick with upper respiratory infections. I am getting ready to go to walmart and get some lysol and food to make Chicken Fajita's. YUMMY!

My van has been in the shop since Wed. Dh called them because I was tired of sitting around the apartment. They gave me a piece of crap loaner to use until my van is ready. If I was paying for it I would be throwing a fit. When ford screws up they really screw up. This is the second time I have had a recall on a part. Wish I could afford to get something else. Oh well I will just deal with what I got.

Did you all see the gift I got yesterday? I received 6 rolls of 48 X 60 batting for my charity quilts from a wonderful Angel on the board. That means I can get some of the quilts completed!!! YAY!!!!!

Well I gotta take off. You all have a wonderful day of weight loss dreams.
That is wonderful that you got the batting! I always buy my batting in 90" X 40 yards. It is so much cheaper for me that buying it in the stores. I am really glad that an Angel on this board has dropped such a great thing in your lap, so to speak.

I hope they get your van fixed soon. I hate it when I have a broken down vehicle. This year I bought a new Honda Accord and I have had no problems at all with it and for that I am most thankful. The best part to me is that I only have 29 more payments to go until it is all MINE. I thought I was doing a good thing by only financing it for 36 months. I just did not want a car payment for the rest of my life, know what I mean?

Well, I am feeling awful right now so I am going to go climb back into my bed. Take care everyone!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-160980.jpe  
Old 01-15-2011, 05:54 PM

Missy, I am so sad that you are ick. Please rest and take care of yourself.

Carrie, I am proud of your batting. I hope that lets you finish the charity quilts you are working on. I saw on another thread that you said it was "fluffy". Will it work okay?

Jennifer, the Boomerang swap is my fav. I have 3 quilts to put together from last year. And April is one of my bestest friends. So sweet!
Old 01-15-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Missy, I am so sad that you are ick. Please rest and take care of yourself.

Carrie, I am proud of your batting. I hope that lets you finish the charity quilts you are working on. I saw on another thread that you said it was "fluffy". Will it work okay?

Jennifer, the Boomerang swap is my fav. I have 3 quilts to put together from last year. And April is one of my bestest friends. So sweet!
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

I spent some of my time this afternoon going through more pictures and decided to share them with you guys. I love doing that! LOL!

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-160996.jpe  
Old 01-15-2011, 06:01 PM

Take care Missy. I hope your mom is doing better also.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:11 PM

We went out to dinner last night and I ate more in one sitting than I normally eat in two days.

Today I am back on track. I went 22 miles on the bike, I would have gone farther but I was out of water and it was warm today.

In addition, I had really healthy meals and stayed a bit under 1,200 calories.

No weight loss this month, I lost three then gained it back, but I am getting my act back togethor and I hope to lose the three again by the end of the month. I haven't consumed enough calories to gain wieght so I think it's water weight.