Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-14-2011, 03:50 PM

Confession is good for the soul - or so they say!!!!!!!! I always have coffee with Mom when I get through grocery shopping for my husband and I and for Mom. Well, I got there and on the table was a plate and a napkin. On the plate, you ready for this? TWO RUM BALLS!!!! I just sat there and sucked every bit of juice out of that puppy and enjoyed all three teeny bites of each one. Then when I got home, the conscience started in.......so I googled "calories in a Rum Ball". Oh, joy!!!!!! 49.99 calories, each. That is less than one cup of dry Honey Nut Cheerios. So I am still ahead here for the day. Huge salad, roast beef slices with some Horsey Sauce and for dessert - 7 chocolate rice cakes. (little ones.) Enjoy the evening. We are having snow - Two inches already. It's pretty, but I have to do the shoveling. Still, I love Minnesota. Edie
Old 01-14-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Edie
Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by cjomomma
Stop talking about fast food!! You are making me want a burger and chili cheese fries. Good thing my van is in the shop and it's way too cold to walk to town. LOL!!
LOL! Okay I will shut up and talk about fruit. Or Fruitcakes which really just means I will talk about myself. LOL!!

Missy
Talk about eating fruit cakes, the thought of fruit cakes could kill anyones appetite!
Am I the only person in the world who loves fruit cakes? Edie
EdieI also like fruitcake but not the store bought kind that stuff will put anyone off.
Gail
Old 01-14-2011, 04:02 PM

Mommak that's wonderful So happy for you. Keep it up.
I'm nearing the 5 pound mark and very happy for that but 10 is amazing.
Gail
Old 01-14-2011, 04:26 PM

Some how I lost this thread and now have to go back and read :-)
Hugs
April
Old 01-14-2011, 06:01 PM

Way to go Kathy, definitely time to be doing the happy dance! I sure would be dancing if I lost 10 pounds.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
jim's leaving sunday i will not see him again until Easter. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Awww...that is such a long time!! I would be sad too. BIG HUGS!!

Missy
Old 01-14-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Way to go Kathy, definitely time to be doing the happy dance! I sure would be dancing if I lost 10 pounds.
HA! Yeah, I call it doing the Snoopy Dance! HA! But I do feel so much better just knowing that much is gone!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:42 PM

Last time I posted I was pretty sad that instead of losing on my first week, I gained. But I am back down to where I started plus a minus of one pound. I may not be going gung ho on losing weight, but I am finding I do not have to have so much to eat during the day. Plus what I am eating seems to keep me full. It helps to post what I am eating on myfitnesspal.com, as it makes me think twice before I eat anything. Plus my husband is doing the same things and exercising. At the end of the day we compare what we have eaten and how much exercise we have done. This has helped me pick up my exercise a little. More walking, playing on the wii (yes, that counts). It is fun and we often do it together. I just have to remember I am in this for a long time and total change of behavior. It will work....
Old 01-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Banned

I have been eating non stop again. The scale will tell me on sunday how much I gained. Jim leaves sunday so it will be back to healthy eating/diet.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:08 AM

Where is everybody? My January is just a yo-yo. I'm wavering between 273 and 270, which will be a 4-7 pound loss. I'm happy to be losing, but frustrated that I'm not consistent. I guess it is plateau time.

Tru-your lasagna sounds delish. Enjoy it for now and eat salads with me next week.

Carrie-how are you doing?

Missy-where the heck ARE you?