Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost Quilt! Can you help? >

Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Old 03-15-2011, 12:41 PM

I work for the USPS and we have a" lost and recovery " . I am not sure if UPS does, but it may be worth a phone call to ask if they have a place where they send opened/broken boxes without the address on it.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by oatw13
That's horrible.
Your quilt is beautiful.

Have you tried escalating your issue with UPS to talk to a supervisor or manager? Keep calling back until you have talked to everyone they will connect you with.

I am not sure what else they can do. I did have a package go missing once and they told me it had been delivered but they couldn't say where. I kept calling and being a nuisance and low and behold the package arrived within a few days. They never could tell me where it had been or how they "got it back."

keep escalating and keep escalating... remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease...

I hope this works out for you.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:28 PM

Your quilt is beautiful and my heart breaks for you. I hope it turns up.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:29 PM

Do NOT give up. This happened to me with a much less valuable package that was delayed for a month at Christmas. I pushed and pushed to the upper echelon of UPS and low and behold, they found it.

Everytime someone tells you they can't do anything, you ask to speak to THEIR boss, and THEIR boss and up the line.

If it isn't found, put the very highest value on it. It will never replace what you have done, I know, but working on it for years and years is worth something!! Make it painful for them!!!!!!!!!!!!"

There is a story in the Bible of the widow who went to the judge over and over about her case and finally, he was so exhausted of seeing her that he decided in her favor.

Persevere, Persevere!!!!!!!!!

After going back and reading a few other posts, I think we should all pray about this for her. A quilter's plea to God that it shows up soon!! You are some of the kindest people I know!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nolee
Do NOT give up. This happened to me with a much less valuable package that was delayed for a month at Christmas. I pushed and pushed to the upper echelon of UPS and low and behold, they found it.

Everytime someone tells you they can't do anything, you ask to speak to THEIR boss, and THEIR boss and up the line.

If it isn't found, put the very highest value on it. It will never replace what you have done, I know, but working on it for years and years is worth something!! Make it painful for them!!!!!!!!!!!!"

There is a story in the Bible of the widow who went to the judge over and over about her case and finally, he was so exhausted of seeing her that he decided in her favor.

Persevere, Persevere!!!!!!!!!

After going back and reading a few other posts, I think we should all pray about this for her. A quilter's plea to God that it shows up soon!! You are some of the kindest people I know!!!
Done on my end.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:58 PM

Had this happen on a smaller scale, sent blocks for photography for an article in a magazine. They never have shown up, I had to redo the blocks for the magazine. Keep hounding them, keep going higher and higher on the "boss" chain. Or better yet start at the top and work your way down. Good luck and hope you get your quilt back it is lovely.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:59 PM

I will be praying for her to get her quilt back
Old 03-15-2011, 02:14 PM

Did you check your neighbors??? USP delivered a package of mine to my neighbor...UPS said they dodn't know what happened to it because their driver didn't scan after he made his delivery..a couple of weeks later I was speaking with my neighbor and they said that they received my package but had forgotten about it...
Old 03-15-2011, 02:20 PM

OK! Here it goes! Janet pray to St. Anthony. Roz
Old 03-15-2011, 02:21 PM

I posted earlier to let you know how sorry I am about your plight. I do have to say however, we have had nothing but good luck with UPS. Our driver is great and really knows his route. Maybe living in a metro area makes a difference. ♥