Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost Quilt! Can you help? >

Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Old 03-15-2011, 09:41 AM

I'm so sorry - I haven't read through all the messages, so maybe this was already asked, but did you take out insurance? I know it doesn't compensate for all your hard work and sentimental value, but at least it's a start.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:42 AM

oh Janet, I'm so sorry to hear that,..I always have that scenario in the back of my head...these things are non-replaceable! hope it turns up soon
Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 AM

What a beautiful, beautiful quilt. I have insured my quilts for $2,000 to $3,000 when shipping UPS and am always concerned. I haven't had trouble - but this board is making me real concerned about using them for sure. I WOULD NOT use USPS for any reason - they delivered a quilt of a friend to a warehouse and have it on record, but wouldn't do a darn thing about it. Basically took a "so what" attitude even thou they KNEW they were wrong. I too am amongst those who hope you recover your quilt.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:47 AM

So very sorry of your quilts being missing from shipping. I can only pray you get it back soon.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:50 AM

So sorry for your tragedy. Hope they find it real soon.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 AM

I would also be heart broken. All of that work and a part of your life is gone. I hope they find it. Wheee do things go when they are lost at the post office? Keep at them until they are sick of seeing you and hearing from you!!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 AM
LMB

I am praying for your quilt. That sounds funny, but God located my beautiful diamond ring after 6 months of crying, looking and begging Him. He is the same today as He was then... He KNOWS where that beautiful quilt is...
Honey, if you dont get it back it is because HE had a use for it other than yours. Small consolation for your loss I know, but trust Him to know what is best for us... My heart broke when I read your post... praying really hard. Huggs
Old 03-15-2011, 10:00 AM

LMB you are so right and sometimes we do not understand what his reason is but he knows
Old 03-15-2011, 10:06 AM

Many companies now employ people to check out the web for bad publicity about them. You, your friends, your relatives, get on some quilting blogs, twitter, etc, and start complaining about the run around UPS is giving you. Make their (corporate) life miserable. In today's economy no company can afford to lose customers due to bad PR. Perhaps this will light a fire under a responsible butt.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:08 AM

I am so sorry about that beautiful quilt of yours gone missing. I agree that it is somewhere out there and someone must know someting. Lets hope you can not only find it but, find it in time. I have wanted to send a guilt to a friend in Denmark, for well over a year now but am not at all sure how the safest way to go about it, or which carrier to trust. I know DHL overseas is good but unsure about any of the others.
Also who ever told you to pray to St. Anthony, is right on the money, I ask for his help from time to time and he alwsays comes through for me.