Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost Quilt! Can you help? >

Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Old 03-16-2011, 05:35 AM

I'm so Sorry, it is a beautiful quilt. Hope & pray you get it back even if you miss the show.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:12 AM

Janet,

stay hopeful! They MUST find your quilt, the package must be somewhere! I really keep the fingers (and everything possible) crossed....
Old 03-16-2011, 06:16 AM

i just can not understand why people chose the 'brown' way to mail their quilts. i worked for 'blue' for 25 yrs. they have 'peep' holes everyplace to watch the workers in the big buildings. and the little buildings, i know the workers treat each piece of mail like it was their own. can not say enough about the dedication of 'blue workers'.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:25 AM

Hinterland, I'm praying for your quilts safe return!

I had a parcel "misplaced" at customs/Canadian Postal Service in Ontario last summer. One group would say the other had it - and this went on for over 8 weeks. I was utterly disgusted with their attitudes, and lack of customer service.
Then on the 9th week of being in limbo, the seller called me to say it was returned to him. It had the proper address, correct postage etc. I had him send it to me by FedEx.

I hope you get results soon!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:35 AM

Your quilt is beautiful...I sure hope you hear some good news today!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by irenecarter
So sorry that such things happen in this world. It is a gorgeous quilt. Like someone said, pray to St.Anthony.
He always comes through.
:St. Anthony, patriot of lost and found please bring Hitherland's quilt around. St. Anthony, St. Anne, return her quilt as fast as you can."
Or- Tony, Tony look around; something's lost and can't be found.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin
Originally Posted by irenecarter
So sorry that such things happen in this world. It is a gorgeous quilt. Like someone said, pray to St.Anthony.
He always comes through.
:St. Anthony, patriot of lost and found please bring Hitherland's quilt around. St. Anthony, St. Anne, return her quilt as fast as you can."
Just in case St. Anthony needs some help, I put it on my FB page so all my friends could see the original quilt and help keep an eye out for it. :)

St. Anthony doesn't care if you're Catholic or not.

It'd be nice if a lot of us did that.

(I'm not Catholic, so I've never prayed to St. Anthony for anything in my life..)
Old 03-16-2011, 06:57 AM

After following this thread, I have a problem. All of my kids live out of state and I make quilts for them for Christmas. Have used UPS in the past with no problems but now am somewhat afraid to use them again. Any suggestions for a safe way to ship? [I never indicate that a quilt is in the box; just list it as a blanket.]
Old 03-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

I think we all learned something from this post about shipping/mailing a one of a kind quilt. Here is a list of some tips I put in my mind when it's time to mail a quilt.

1. Use several boxes in a box to make the box huge, much harder to lose a huge box. (with address labels on each box)
2. Insure the package to the max.
3. Insist on seeing the packaged scanned if picked up. Take a picture of employee with box in hand if no paper receipt.
4. Use Express delivery with signature confirmation.
5. Check tracking every day.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:03 AM

There are many on here to look at many quilts Even if some has this pattern they more that likely will not have it the same. We are many eyes and I may add hearts helping look for this quilt. Hopefully it will show up soon. Our hearts and prayers are with you.