Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost Quilt! Can you help? >

Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Lost Quilt! Can you help?

Old 05-08-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Hinterland
The quilt still hasn't been located. As far as UPS is concerned, there is nothing else they can do. All I can do is hope it shows up someday.

I have made my peace with the situation. Meanwhile, I consider myself a lucky quilter. The quilt could have disappeared on the way to its first quilt show. Instead, I had the opportunity to see it with ribbons at Vermont Quilt Festival and the Houston Quilt Festival. It went to several other shows where it won ribbons. Not many quilters get that opportunity.

The quilt disappeared in the UPS system in Colorado, on its way home from being photographed by Quilters Newsletter. It makes me proud to think that my quilt will be on the cover of the June /July issue.

Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. The support of people who have never met me or seen my quilt means a lot to me, and made a negative event, positive.

Janet
Janet, hopefully the publicity generated by the QNM cover will reach even more people, and your quilt will be found. I really admire your attitude and how you've found a way to be positive in a horrible situation!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:04 PM

Janet,
I'm truly sorry your quilt has not turned up and do admire your ability to be philosophical about a loss that is great. I sure hope that some day it will find it's way home to you.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:52 AM

That is such a beautiful quilt. I'm so sorry that it is lost and they are of no help. :thumbdown: I will be posting on my facebook for you. Maybe if enough people will do this SOMEONE has had to have seen it!! Hoping it gets returned to you very soon.

Hugs.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

Not the ending any of us was hoping for. I sure hope QNM has expressed their condolences to you appropriately seeing as they were the last ones to have possession. I hope also that they include a mention in the article that it was indeed lost on it's return to you after the photo shoot as well.

I love your attitude about it. I think I would still be bitter and mad about it. True you did get to see it in some shows and it did win some ribbons before it turned up missing, I'd still be angry and bitter. :evil:
Old 05-11-2011, 01:22 PM

Well, I just received my QNM June/July issue today, with Janet's quilt on the cover. I have to say, I am VERY disappointed that there was NO information included in the article that this quilt is missing. They could at least have said it was missing at the time it went to print.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:51 PM

Is it just me, or does it seem that QNM is not that interested in taking any of the responsibility here?? They say they shipped it, you didn't received, and UPS has no record?? Hmmmm. Will keep praying.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM

It could still show up, but when is anyone's guess.

Quilters Newsletter was distressed that the quilt went awol, but they are firm in laying the blame on UPS. I am disappointed that they didn't mention what happened, but it is what it is. I'm glad it's in the magazine, though - Kaaterskill went out with a real bang!

Janet
Old 05-11-2011, 02:50 PM

Well, I'm going to write a letter to the editor, expressing my dismay that they didn't print the fact that the quilt is missing.

WHO'S WITH ME????? :)
Old 05-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
Well, I'm going to write a letter to the editor, expressing my dismay that they didn't print the fact that the quilt is missing.

WHO'S WITH ME????? :)
if you put an address or email addy, i will be glad to reply to them. this is just wrong. let me know how i can help
Old 05-11-2011, 03:17 PM

Quilters Newsletter
741 Corporate Circle
Suite A
Golden, CO 80401

Via email:
[email protected]; write "Letter to the Editor" in the subject line.

Peggi aka Peckish