Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WaMart >

WaMart

WaMart

Old 06-20-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Amythyst02
I kinda have an odd thinking to all this Wal Mart stuff...its my outlook on it.

Supposedly they took away the fabric dept to add more electronics like, cell phones, big TV's etc. Now in my opinion those are one purchase items. Its not likely I will visit that dept again to purchase another TV or cellphone etc.

However, with the fabric dept, you have ladies that may come in to just grab a spool of thread, or zipper, and then they start to look around, and before you know it, they have found some awesome fabric they cannot live without. It is likely that I will return again and again, because I will need thread, zippers, interfacing etc.

I think Wal Mart needs to really examine what makes them money over the long haul. Not what makes them money a couple of times a year (like Christmas, etc). They honestly need someone in the higher ranks that thinks like a woman. Just my 2cents worth : )
I agree with you. But my thought is if they put a woman in that position would the higher-up listen. One of the reasons why I don't shop at Wal-Mart is the way they treat their emplyees. Women get paid less for the same job a man does.
Old 06-20-2011, 05:40 PM

A friend of mine works at W/M in S. Ind. says her store will be stocked early Nov. The one in my neighborhood was suppose to have fabric when it opened-[ 4 yrs ago] but they decided against it at the last minute But due to all the complaints from the locals and the fact that there are more employees cars in the lot than customers they are now re-arranging the store to put a fabric dept in by end of July.-- Nothing like waiting til I move out of the area.So this will make 4 stores I can get to in 20 min.of the new place that never done away with fabric :D :D
Old 06-20-2011, 07:41 PM

The WalMart here in Winchester, VA is beginning to assemble what looks like a fabric department. The craft area is all reconfigured so I will be keeping a watchful eye on their progress!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:14 PM

I love your thinking!
Old 06-21-2011, 03:17 PM

I don`t think I would order any fabric now from wal-mart. I like to see and feel the material.