Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am horrified!! >

I am horrified!!

I am horrified!!

Old 08-11-2013, 05:57 PM

It is just so nice to, on a whim, decide to make something & have the fabric you need. I love keeping all of the LQSs in business!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:09 PM

I was reading a fantasy book earlier today and a treasure-hoarding dragon came up and I couldn't help but think of this thread and picture myself as that dragon, only instead of gold & jewels, I'm presiding over a mountain of fabric, scissors and rulers! And I doubt that dragon ever made anything of his treasure and gave it to someone, so I figure I'm ahead of the game, LOL.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by EvieD44 View Post
I didn't know that you should wash all your batiks before using them..........why? Do they run? I love reading what's on this board almost every morning but I don't post. Don't know how things work on it. I know.....I know ....I should read how to do things. But that's like Facebook....I'm on that but don't usually post things either. Just love to look at the pics of my kids and grandchildren and friends of mine. I've been quilting for about 10 years, been retired for 5 years. I don't quilt regularly, only when I'm working on a project. I also have some UFO's. Now concerning my stash....I have it in two large book cases, and some draws and on some shelves.....I seem to be more of a collector than a sewer!!! But when I go in my sewing room I love to just stand there and look at all the beautiful colors!! I love my "stash" I don't know how much I have either.....but I know it's not enough! It will never be enough. And yes I do pick from it and I have made quilts from it without hardly buying any for that project. Nice talking to everyone! I just love, love this site......such wonderful people on it. I sit here every morning with my coffee and enjoy all of you!

Batiks do run!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by huntersgrammie View Post
Oh oh i am in trouble then. Been quilting for a year and just out of curiosity, since you brought it up, i went and did a check and i stopped at 350 pieces of one yard or larger pieces with plenty left to count.lol oh well i am having fun.
I am glad you counted! I think I am in good company!!

Dina
Old 08-11-2013, 07:36 PM

My motto is " You don't have to have a project in mind to buy fabric, you buy it cause you like it and it will fit nicely in your stash"....
Old 08-11-2013, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Helliewellie View Post
My motto is " You don't have to have a project in mind to buy fabric, you buy it cause you like it and it will fit nicely in your stash"....
We think alike! I love to just lay my fabrics out sometimes and look at them, then put them back. haha
Old 08-12-2013, 05:21 AM

Fit ight in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
Old 08-12-2013, 03:29 PM

"snap" me too. I'm sure there are alot more like us out there, but they are abit to shy to admit it. Fabric is beautiful it needs to be looked at and touched - it give you inspiration
Old 08-12-2013, 04:14 PM

I have more than 211 pieces of fabric, and I plan to shop tomorrow for more! I have been using my stash more and more, though, and I know have more fabric than I will use in my lifetime, but so what? My grands shop from it, I shop from it and just love having it.

The only question I ever ask myself is 'Can I afford to buy this?' Lucky for me, I can. Even so, I shop sales...
Old 08-12-2013, 07:12 PM

only 211 pieces?