Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Calling all Mystery quilters... >

Calling all Mystery quilters...

Calling all Mystery quilters...

Old 12-12-2010, 05:24 AM

How interesting
Old 12-12-2010, 06:17 AM

I am jealous of your butterfly fabric. It is really pretty. I tried to find enough colors in my stash but it is getting a bit low. I think I may have to shop :cry: so sad :D
Thank you for posting your choices, that really helps me, I always stress over color choices.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:39 AM

Missy,
When I booked marked that site it took me to a yahoo sign in page. Is that correct?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by mtngrl
I am jealous of your butterfly fabric. It is really pretty. I tried to find enough colors in my stash but it is getting a bit low. I think I may have to shop :cry: so sad :D
Thank you for posting your choices, that really helps me, I always stress over color choices.
It was a bday pressie from a long time ago.. I hoarded it forever!! Thought it was time to use it though. It's a Hoffman.(so you see why I did hoard it right!? ) I'll be waiting to see pictures of everyone's picks!!

Missy
Old 12-12-2010, 11:01 AM

This will be intresting, so many questions.
Pam
Old 12-12-2010, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Candiquilts
I am interested but I have no idea what I am telliing you I am interested in. I could use details...thanks
Hi other Candi :mrgreen: , it is my first mystery quilt, but from what I understand, it is a mystery, not much details are given upfront. Mysi (our awesome hostess) posted the fabric requirements for various sizes, you can download the PDF file from here http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-82205-1.htm and decide what size quilt you want to make, and choose your fabrics. If you go back to page 8 of this thread, you can find a photo of Mysi's fabric selection, as well as hints on picking fabrics. That is pretty much all anyone buy Mysi knows thus far. Sometime in late December, she will start posting clues once a week, which will be basically directions on how to cut/sew/arrange blocks to make the quilt. She will post clues weekly until we are finished. By the time the quilt is done, mystery will be solved!

I believe she will use this thread here to post clues http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-82205-1.htm

I hope this helps, I am excited about starting this one :P
Old 12-12-2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by Candiquilts
I am interested but I have no idea what I am telliing you I am interested in. I could use details...thanks
Hi other Candi :mrgreen: , it is my first mystery quilt, but from what I understand, it is a mystery, not much details are given upfront. Mysi (our awesome hostess) posted the fabric requirements for various sizes, you can download the PDF file from here http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-82205-1.htm and decide what size quilt you want to make, and choose your fabrics. If you go back to page 8 of this thread, you can find a photo of Mysi's fabric selection, as well as hints on picking fabrics. That is pretty much all anyone buy Mysi knows thus far. Sometime in late December, she will start posting clues once a week, which will be basically directions on how to cut/sew/arrange blocks to make the quilt. She will post clues weekly until we are finished. By the time the quilt is done, mystery will be solved!

I believe she will use this thread here to post clues http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-82205-1.htm

I hope this helps, I am excited about starting this one :P
YUP.. clues will be posted there. Remember to use this one as the Questions/Answers.. and show and tell.. that way we can just see the clues and such in the other area!

Missy
Old 12-12-2010, 01:43 PM

question? I am using white for the inner border and I'm thinking I would like white for the outer border, would this work or should I choose a different color for the outer border
Old 12-12-2010, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
question? I am using white for the inner border and I'm thinking I would like white for the outer border, would this work or should I choose a different color for the outer border
Short and Sweet, I just want to tell you that I LOVE your focus fabric from the other thread (didn't want to post it there as directed by Mysi :-D ) and I think you definitely need an orange red or red orange to make it pop.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet

Your outer border will come out of color 1 If you read up a bit, I made a correction. The correction was make the slot that had outer border on it color 4 instead. I think the white would look good as an outer border. I just love you picks!!