Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >

May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-27-2011, 10:25 PM

How sad the postal service going on strike.

what about another shipping option, Fed X , or UPS. Who ever has your name would need to ship the same way, But I would think it is possible.

I am sure others who live in Canada will have some answers.
I hope you will not have to sit this one out.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:58 AM

I know Lori contacted all those who hadn't sent their packages and my SP said it was mailed, I should get it in 5 - 10 days but I think I'll just sit on the bench with others who are out there so it's not so lonely waiting for my package.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by wanderingcreek
I am at a loss as to what to do about June. I really want to sign up because I love doing this swap but I am hearing that our postal service in Canada might be going on strike any day now. I think I will wait to decide until June 1st. I would really hate to miss out but also do not want to send out a package and have it stuck in the postal system somewhere while they are on strike. How are other Canadians handling this?
I also want to join the swap for June ... I decided last minute last night that I would join and have put my name in and then I have been thinking ever since that maybe I should take my name out... I would also hate to think that we would go on strike and someone would be waiting for their package ... I am still unsure of what to do ...
Old 05-28-2011, 08:19 AM

I am at a loss as to what to do about June. I really want to sign up because I love doing this swap but I am hearing that our postal service in Canada might be going on strike any day now. I think I will wait to decide until June 1st. I would really hate to miss out but also do not want to send out a package and have it stuck in the postal system somewhere while they are on strike. How are other Canadians handling this?
Maybe those of us who want to still enter the swap and live in Canada... maybe we can swap with fellow Canadians just to be on the safe side ... if the postal does go on strike ... However, I am not sure.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SLHughes
Maybe those of us who want to still enter the swap and live in Canada... maybe we can swap with fellow Canadians just to be on the safe side ... if the postal does go on strike ... However, I am not sure.
PM Lori,this sounds like a good idea for this month.If it is possible I'm sure she will try to do it. She wants everyone to get a squishie.If it can't be done maybe just pm your secret pal so they know what is going on with their swaps.Then no one has to be worried.Main thing is to not have your partner think that you didn't recieve or didn't send one.Either way is a awful feeling.Just a suggestion. Mary
Old 05-28-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
PM Lori,this sounds like a good idea for this month.If it is possible I'm sure she will try to do it. She wants everyone to get a squishie.If it can't be done maybe just pm your secret pal so they know what is going on with their swaps.Then no one has to be worried.Main thing is to not have your partner think that you didn't recieve or didn't send one.Either way is a awful feeling.Just a suggestion. Mary
Thanks Mary for the suggestion. I think it would be a great idea.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Thanks Mary for the suggestion. I think it would be a great idea.
That would be great except that I don't think there are that many Canadians on this swap and some of us sent to Canadians in May. What to do, what to do!
Old 05-28-2011, 04:21 PM

The mail has come and gone , No package for me.
Anyone else on the bench with me?
Old 05-28-2011, 04:22 PM

I'm on the bench. I know it's on its way. ^_^ Likely holiday mail slowing it up a bit. Nibbling on a snickers ice cream bar while I wait...
Old 05-28-2011, 04:27 PM

Glad I am not alone,
I am all signed up for June and I have been keeping busy making my June Pal some goodies.