Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you making for Christmas gifts >

What are you making for Christmas gifts

What are you making for Christmas gifts

Old 07-26-2011, 01:59 PM

Can you PM me the Red Hot jelly recipe , or post it . LOL!
Originally Posted by nana2
Originally Posted by janedee
What alot of lovely ideas - think I am going to go with a simple shopping bag and then fill them with some homemade jams and preserves and bought goodies will try and do 2 a month - have six to do so its not a mad rush nearer the time!!!!
This has been a very refreshing group of posts to read and I see the spirit of personalizing gifts for various family members with simple and practical items. And threaded thru all of these ideas is the love for our families. Through out the years when we were raising our children, it seemed that we were just bombarded with a ton of wish list for a lot of expensive toys, games, clothing, etc. I am so ready for some simple, inexpensive items to give along with relaxing fun time to spend with family. Good food, kids playing a rousing game of monopoly, adults having conversations about times in their lives when they were kids, etc. Some of the men engaged in a competitive card game and all the laughter and me not too tired to enjoy all of it!!!!!!!! And by the way, home made jams and jellies are a wonderful gift. My family loves the apple jelly that I've made in years gone by. Right at the end of the "boiling" time, I throw in Red Hots. This makes a beautiful red color and the taste of the cinnamon "kicks it up a bite".
Old 07-26-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by klc
The girls are getting zippered makeup bags with a tissue cozie, small zippered bag and a humbug inside. The guys are getting zippered ditty bags. I will probably also make a christmas ornament for each. With 4 kids (plus 1 unoffically adopted 20 yrs ago), spouses and 8 grandchildren I have already started working on them.
What's a hum bug?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:44 PM

I am making a quilt for each grandkid but I will package them in pillowcases.

I make the tube-type pillowcases and embroider their names on the cuffs. Even my 18 year-old DGS uses his 'name' pillowcases rather than ones that match the sheets.

These are easy and fast to do and they all just love them.

Thanks, Kathy
Old 07-26-2011, 05:56 PM

I'm doing 2 quilts for my neighbors, they're elderly and my dad grew up with their kids, so I've always known them, but otherwise 2 tree skirts and a tablerunner and 2 pineapple pillows for my grandparents. Oh, and hand quilting a quilt for my mom that she started and never finished forever ago. She doesn't even know I took it out of her closet!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:54 AM

I'm making quilted star ornaments and mug rugs
Old 07-27-2011, 05:58 AM

I'm making quilted ornaments , aprons, purses, mug rugs and pillowcases for the kids.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:06 PM

i think i am going to make some quillos. not spelled right but you know where you fold the quilt up and u can stuff it into a pillow. bad descripton but it is the best i can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 07:48 PM

I did those one year. They make great gifts.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Barb44
I am doing Christmas tree skirts for DD2 and DIL. Would like to make a throw for SIL with pictures of their dogs. It would be a memory quilt of when they could see. Both dogs are blind. Making rag quilts for the 4 grandchildren. Can't make anything for DD1. She does everything better than I do.

ETA: And a throw for DH with Farmall fabric.
How about your family recipes in a covered book?