Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
WARNING!!!  DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!!  I BLEW IT!!! >

WARNING!!! DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!! I BLEW IT!!!

WARNING!!! DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR QUILT!!!! I BLEW IT!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:46 AM

I sure hope it works!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I sure hope it works!!!!
I do too! I noticed after I sprayed, all the ink is on the backside. Forget the fine mist spray. I dropped the tube down the drain holding it over the kitchen sink so just sprayed the whole top left corner of the mini. We'll know soon. wml.

:-D :-D
Old 09-08-2010, 11:10 AM

It's soaking now in warm soapy water to get that auto shop smell out. It looked like it has worked. I only saw 4 small areas that need to come out and then it is fixed!!! Another dousing will do it I am sure. As soon as it dries, we'll try again. :-D :-D :-D Yes!! :-D
Old 09-08-2010, 11:19 AM
dsj

My goodness it ought to be stain free from this point on, the poor little thing!! I am glad that it's coming out for you. W-D 40 I will keep that in mind.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:24 AM

VERY GOOD IDEA
Old 09-08-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Willie Mae
I had the same thing happen to me, mark with a red pen that said would come out with water, I tried everything without success. The best pen I found that works like a charm is Frixion. erasable gel pel, run a hot iron over it and disapears like magic. You can buy them at Walgreens, or Office Max. Make by Pilot. I found them once at Wal Mart, but can't fine them there anymore. Any kind of heat works, can you use a blow dryer too. I use a little craft iron. They come in these colors: blue, black, orange, and pink, no white. Your quilt is really pretty, I hope you have better luck than I did.
Thank you so much, Willie Mae! This is really a good thing to know about Frixion! Nice colors too that are available!! So far, the WD-40 has done good. It's so windy today, the mini is almost dry (soaked in WD40) and it looks good. There's just about 4 more little places to redo and it'll be fine.
:D :D
Old 09-08-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by misseva
go to here http://daystyledesigns.com/finelinepen.htm
i use fineline blue pens with great success. you can get water removable and air removable which disappears in (i forget how many) a few hours.
Thank you, misseva, for that link!! That sounds great at this point! :oops: ;-) :roll: :lol:
Old 09-08-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by renda
Try something called De-Sol-it. I purchase it at Wal-Mart and it took red ink out of my black & white quilt. It has also taken motor oil out of my husbands shirt that had been washed and dried several times.
I've used that stuff with great success! But I've never tried it on ink on fabric. Good luck!!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:57 AM

oh dear!! not a good idea - I know its not of much help now but I use artists washable pencils - and I'm really sorry I have no idea how you can get the ink out guess we have all made one really bad mistake in our time x
Old 09-08-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by dsj
My goodness it ought to be stain free from this point on, the poor little thing!! I am glad that it's coming out for you. W-D 40 I will keep that in mind.
You would think so!!! I forgot that I had tried Dawn detergent in the beginning and that didn't do it. Tide didn't do it. Borax didn't do it. I can always give it a douse now of water repellant in addition to now being stain-free it will be frost-proof! All the ink that had been blown to the back of it is now gone!! I just noticed while it was on the line, so WD-40 is our man!! Thank you, dsj!!!

:-D :-D