Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Christmas Presents >

Christmas Presents

Christmas Presents

Old 11-05-2010, 04:20 AM

Why not embroidery that sentiment on your Mom's throw? Anyway, it's sure to be her fav gift.I like the sunflower on your avatar.

Originally Posted by Lockeb
I have 2 Christmas gifts underway..my sister loves snowmen -so I've done a snowman throw size quilt for her - it's just waiting for the binding - perhaps this weekend...

For my mom I decided to make her a full size double with some yellow and blue sunflower fabrics - they are some of my favourites from when I did a sampler quilt for myself - and she is my sunshine - so I think the fabrics are appropriate......I've completed the top this week and will drop it off at the Long-arm quilter tomorrow......

Not sure if there will be more quilted gifts on my Christmas list...I think the checkbook will have to do the rest :-)
Old 11-05-2010, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
I want to make some little quilted animal ornaments. Does anyone have a pattern or seen a pattern for these? I got a pattern many years ago out of a magazine, but stupidly loaned the patterns to someone and never got them back. Thanks in advance...
I got some patterns from dotcomdtcm- thanks again! She very nicely mailed them to me on her dime!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:28 AM

I found an error in these directions today and have repaired it on the blog if anyone wanted to try these, but was stymied by two unaccountably lost paragraphs and photos in the Folded Patchwork Coasters instructions at:
http://appletondance.blogspot.com/20...-coasters.html
Old 01-20-2011, 01:14 PM

I made 4 humbug bags this week. The design on the fabric is lipstick kisses on a black background. Now I have 10 chicken potholders cut out and this is for the Christmas present box. Some might go to the spring craft fair if there is one in my community. So that is what I'm working on so far.