Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pictures from our soldiers in Farah with their quilts!! >

Pictures from our soldiers in Farah with their quilts!!

Pictures from our soldiers in Farah with their quilts!!

Old 12-07-2010, 06:04 PM

Thank you, Jan, for all you've done!! We love the pics of the soldiers with their quilts!! I cried through all 9 pages of this. So heartwarming and touching! Am still working on mine and glad I have til the end of January! Bless you and God bless our troops as we can see how much they were loved with these gifts! Bless all the quilters who contributed!! Praying for them daily.... :D :D :D ;) ;)
Old 12-07-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by mshawii
All so happy except the one who needs some hugs from us! Can you send them? His eyes just seem blank. Thanks for sending the pictures! Jan
This one man is reaching out to touch so many of our hearts. I know what you mean mshawii. My heart, too, aches to offer some comfort that would reach thru and make some kind of connection there. Even without Jan's words of concern, I know we would have had these same feelings as she did. How can one look into that face, those eyes, and not?
I go to his photo every day, and send him positive and supportive mental images and thoughts. I may be wasting my time, but if there is any kind of chance at all that some positive energy might reach him, then it's well worth it.
Please, others of you join me in what ever way you have of holding someone up for special love and support, added to the many prayers already sent daily for our military.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:40 PM

Bless you, this made me teary, thinking of our brave compatriots in harm's way and how much comfort and warmth your gifts must have given. Thanks for sharing, and for doing.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:06 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by wildyard
Originally Posted by mshawii
All so happy except the one who needs some hugs from us! Can you send them? His eyes just seem blank. Thanks for sending the pictures! Jan
This one man is reaching out to touch so many of our hearts. I know what you mean mshawii. My heart, too, aches to offer some comfort that would reach thru and make some kind of connection there. Even without Jan's words of concern, I know we would have had these same feelings as she did. How can one look into that face, those eyes, and not?
I go to his photo every day, and send him positive and supportive mental images and thoughts. I may be wasting my time, but if there is any kind of chance at all that some positive energy might reach him, then it's well worth it.
Please, others of you join me in what ever way you have of holding someone up for special love and support, added to the many prayers already sent daily for our military.
I am touched by the concern here for this one man.

I have asked my DD Kate to specifically ask Bert about him, to let him know we are concerned, and will let you know if I hear any word. I know that Bert is an unusally kind leader, well thought of by his men, and it's unlikely he would be unaware of a problem if it were occuring. Hold that thought and keep sending your prayers of intervention for these men.

These prayer are working, y'all! Thought you'd get a charge from a report she gave me yesterday. It seems they had 3 minor IED attacks last month, but the devices all went off prematurely and no one was close to getting hurt. Well, except for one chicken which set one of them off, LOL!

Now, understand, these are designed to go off with a bit more pressure than a chicken would have, so we can only assume that some angel probably was tired of its squawking and got rid of both the IED and the annoyance at the same time! :lol: :lol:
They are covered by Psalm 91. Read it.
Jan in VA
Old 12-08-2010, 08:59 AM

Jan! Bless you and all your friends who made those lovely quilts. Those pictures are priceless. Merry Christmas to all of you!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:08 AM

Thanks for sharing the pictures. What a nice project.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:55 PM

The last picture was funny fromn my interpretation. He is standing in front of a dog pound, does that mean he is in the dog house and he needs the quilts. Or is one quilt fro himself and the other for his buddy ( his dog)?
Old 12-08-2010, 03:00 PM

You absolutely made my day by posting those pics :) Thank you!!
Old 12-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Banned

so very wonderful.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:03 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by mountain deb
The last picture was funny fromn my interpretation. He is standing in front of a dog pound, does that mean he is in the dog house and he needs the quilts. Or is one quilt fro himself and the other for his buddy ( his dog)?
How Funny! I'm sure that "Dog House" is some military/male idea of a joke of some kind, probably for those who have latrine or KP duty. :D

Jan in VA