Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
January Secret Pal Swap - Registration Closed >

January Secret Pal Swap - Registration Closed

January Secret Pal Swap - Registration Closed

Old 12-30-2010, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by brenda21
My package is just about ready to leave Texas...going clear to the other end of country...long wise not cross wise lol...could it be YOU?
It sure could be me, Brenda :mrgreen: :lol:

I just got back home from a quick after Christmas Disney vacation, and so excited about my pal. Already have few things ready to go, will finish it up and send it out Monday. Yippee!!
Ok, just plain jealous about the Disney trip....since we lived in south Florida for 22 years, we always went up for a few days around the holidays...miss that ALOT!!! kids would do the parks, DH and I would eat and shop LOL...always got my ornaments every year from the Christmas shop in downtown Disney...miss that too!!! Hope you had a great time :)
Old 12-30-2010, 01:18 PM

I was so excited all night that I could not sleep but the balloon busted today. Now I have to wait until next week or longer. For Christmas I receive enough gift certificates to go to LQS to buy EQ7. They are out but have some on order. There has been a great demand for the program. The good thing is that when they do come in a class will be scheduled.

Am getting a package ready to send to some one way northeast of me. I think. Maybe southeast or west or somewhere. or somewhere. ?????????????????????????????
Old 12-30-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by candi
My package is just about ready to leave Texas...going clear to the other end of country...long wise not cross wise lol...could it be YOU?
It sure could be me, Brenda :mrgreen: :lol:

I just got back home from a quick after Christmas Disney vacation, and so excited about my pal. Already have few things ready to go, will finish it up and send it out Monday. Yippee!!
Ok, just plain jealous about the Disney trip....since we lived in south Florida for 22 years, we always went up for a few days around the holidays...miss that ALOT!!! kids would do the parks, DH and I would eat and shop LOL...always got my ornaments every year from the Christmas shop in downtown Disney...miss that too!!! Hope you had a great time :)
LOL, Brenda, how funny. I bought a couple of ornaments from the Christmas shop in downtown yesterday... OK, don't laugh at us, but we really had no kids with us, we are just all kids at heart,lol. Hubby and I, sister with her fiance and brother with a friend, all adults and all had magical time. We are about 2.5 hours away from Disney World and I love to go around Christmas, because I LOVE the Christmas parade there. Actually, I love every parade there, but it is extra magical around Christmas...hope you get to see it again soon :thumbup:
Old 12-30-2010, 03:34 PM

Congratulations to all of you who are so much on the ball. Today I am busy returning all the kits, etc that I thought I just HAD to have. Seems there are enough to last a few lifetimes. Not to mention all the fabrics, patterns and creativity I have. Have to get that money back on my credit card before the bill comes.
I ordered notions on sale for my secret pal 'stash' and I'm waiting for them to come. I'm also trying to organize my sewing room so I can find only the best for the best - my Pal. I would also like to make something, but I feel a little rushed by all this activity.
What do you think Suzanne? The date is Jan 30, it isn't even Jan yet. I'm concerned about all those expectations created by these wonderful earlybirds. I don't want to disappoint my Pal. She is a very special person.
I'm thinking a week or so should do it. Does that seem feasable?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:18 PM

I can't think of anyone on the board that would not want to wait for something made especially for them....take you time and let your creativity do its thing.....

Originally Posted by Roseysue
Congratulations to all of you who are so much on the ball. Today I am busy returning all the kits, etc that I thought I just HAD to have. Seems there are enough to last a few lifetimes. Not to mention all the fabrics, patterns and creativity I have. Have to get that money back on my credit card before the bill comes.
I ordered notions on sale for my secret pal 'stash' and I'm waiting for them to come. I'm also trying to organize my sewing room so I can find only the best for the best - my Pal. I would also like to make something, but I feel a little rushed by all this activity.
What do you think Suzanne? The date is Jan 30, it isn't even Jan yet. I'm concerned about all those expectations created by these wonderful earlybirds. I don't want to disappoint my Pal. She is a very special person.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:56 PM

Rose,
I think as long as you send your gift before the deadline, you are golden, and you won't be disappointing anyone. And if things come up and you are going to be late, you should just let Suzanne know you are running late, Suzanne in turn will let your pal know, and again everyone will be happy, in my opinion anyway
:mrgreen: Maybe I am your secret pal, hey???
:lol:

Originally Posted by Roseysue
Old 12-30-2010, 06:58 PM

Thanks Sherry,
If I have your OK, I know it will be alright LOL.
I have enjoyed reading your posts and all your encouragements to others.
I didn't know that my very first swap ever was going to be for such a special and caring person.
I think, based on the fact that we both seem to have a lot to say we will really get to know each other.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:00 PM

Thanks for your encouraging words Candi.
Yep, Who Knows? :lol:
Old 12-30-2010, 07:10 PM

Roseysue, just take your time and have fun, We have untill the end of January and it is still Dec.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:18 PM

Don't let the early over-achievers get to you (lol) -- normally I'd be looking for a packing envelope by now, but haven't left my yard to enter the "outside world" since coming home Christmas nite. This is my R&R week between the holidays when I sit with a good book and read and do nothing else constructive. Next week I'll find an envelope.