Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
No stash -- on purpose?? >

No stash -- on purpose??

No stash -- on purpose??

Old 01-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Banned

I think this is a good idea, people tell me too often that what is in their stash often does not fit in with what they want ---AND-- if anyone has had to deal with a deceased's stash that had been left to a chosen person to deal with but in reality it was destined for the skip, I took it , 4 huge volvo estate loads and sold it for dog rescue.
SO ,those of you that have them ,which I assume is the majority, PLEASE PLEASE make sure that someone will efficiently deal with it when you can't!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:50 PM

One thing that I have found that even though I have a large stash most of the pieces of fabric are only a yard or smaller. I have a few that are larger. The problem comes when I need a backing or sometimes a border. Unless I do alot of piecing then I always have to go out shopping for the backing. So now I am keeping my eye out for fabrics when on sale that will make a good backing .
Old 01-16-2011, 12:58 PM

As the mother of a single son and a husband who doesn't understand, I have told my quilting buddies that if I die before either my husband or my son while living in my current home, they need to get to my quilting room and take what they want and take care of the rest.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:53 PM

I mostly have fabrics left over from projects. I never go and buy fabric just because I like it. I certainly don't have anything like I read about here. I don't find time to do sewing near as much as I would like to so no point having mountains of fabric waiting to be used.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by sewgarden
I mostly have fabrics left over from projects. I never go and buy fabric just because I like it. I certainly don't have anything like I read about here. I don't find time to do sewing near as much as I would like to so no point having mountains of fabric waiting to be used.
then i would say that your stash is exactly the right size. :thumbup:
Old 01-16-2011, 03:18 PM

Oh My!
I don’t think the person who started this thread meant for people to start taking pot shots and become defensive, it was just a simple question. I think some of the humorous responses were taken way too seriously.

This is a wonderful board with wonderful people. Let’s keep it that way
Old 01-16-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltntime
Originally Posted by Lady Shivesa
I have a little stash. However, I got a gift card for JoAnns for Christmas and when I went to look for some fabric to buy, I suddenly found I couldn't buy anything. I walked out of there with nothing because I was so used to buying fabric specifically for Christmas projects!

I imagine that will change soon though, lol.
That sounds like my story. Went to JoAnn's with a gift card. Walked out without buying one thing. Kind of depressed me. :cry:
That sounds like me! My DH gave me a gift card to a LQS last year, which was a great idea he had on his own, and then all of a sudden, when I went to that store, I couldn't think of a thing I wanted! It seemed that after they told me that it really didn't have to be used within a year, which is what the card said, I was able to use it. It must have been too much pressure for me. LOL!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by juneayerza
Oh My!
I don’t think the person who started this thread meant for people to start taking pot shots and become defensive, it was just a simple question. I think some of the humorous responses were taken way too seriously.

This is a wonderful board with wonderful people. Let’s keep it that way
it's going ok. if not, it would've been locked by now.

you know how picky those moderators can be. ;-)
Old 01-16-2011, 04:26 PM

Nice one, Patrice! :)
Old 01-16-2011, 04:29 PM

Now that's what you call will power. You go girl!