Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My wife said no flowers this year .... so ..... >

My wife said no flowers this year .... so .....

My wife said no flowers this year .... so .....

Old 02-14-2011, 05:26 PM

Yikes ! What a fabulous day !!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy N
Can I give you my husbands email? He did a fabulous job this Valentines Day with roses and a stuffed M & M since I can't eat the chocolate version...but I'm sure he would be open to suggestions for next year :)
As a man I can tell you I want to give my wife what she wants anytime, if I can afford it. I suggest you just tell your husbands or leave hints for him. Most men, as do women want to give a gift that means something to their spouse.

My wife bought me a Bernina 820 for my Valentine/Anniversary gift this year and I never asked or hinted for it. What a woman!!!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:32 PM

You are one special guy!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:33 PM

Sounds like me and my husband. We love to go to antique, thrift, fabric and craft stores. We have a ball. Some of our married couples say " don't you 2 get tired of each other?" No, No, and NO!
Just being together is the best part!!!!! Proud to see somebody else enjoys the best things in life too!
Old 02-14-2011, 05:37 PM

I love being with my wife. She is everything to me and then some. I thank God everyday for sending her into my life and giving me the wisdom to recognize that.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by goaf1968
My wife and I were sitting in the living room watching the Nature Channel when she turned to me and said, Will you please do me a favor and do not get any candy, flowers or a card for Valentine's Day for me?"

Being the dutiful husband that I am, I agreed to honor her request. What I didn't say anything about, though, was the road trip I was going to take her on yesterday:

1. Headed into Lancaster County, PA for breakfast at our favorite morning meal restaurant.
2. Went to a local variety store where they happen to sell fabrics at very reasonable prices -- they serve the Amish and Mennonite communities with their goods.
3. Then it was off to a little one-man operated store where he sells the absolutely best smoked pork items I have ever had -- spent way too much there (yum.)
4. Off again, this time into Intercourse, PA, and two more fabric shops.
5. Then off to yet another grocery store to stock up on our favorite foods from that area (yes, I grew up in that area.)
6. Of course, another stop to yet another fabric store --- wait, actually two more shops.
7. Then a 1 1/2 hour drive back home.

Once home I cooked a meal of smoked pork chops, wax beans and handmade noodles. I then cleaned up for us.

Well, I think she made out far better than flowers, candy and a card.

Oh yes, did I say that we spent hours talking about all kinds of stuff, but nothing that related to any stressful situations (like work - college kids - work -- college kids bills --- did I mention work?

You see, it doesn't take much to make her happy -- just do everything she loves doing and surprise her by taking her.

Terry -- in Northern Delaware

P.S. I didn't forget about me. We went into two thrift shops and in one of them I found a pristine Singer Model 600 in its original carrying case ... and it looked like it was never used! That was the best $8 I have spent in a long time on a machine.
do you have a brother :wink:
Old 02-14-2011, 06:13 PM

Sounds like you are a DH who takes an interest in your wifes' love of quilting. Sounds like a great day. :thumbup: good job
Old 02-14-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by hspirit_99
Originally Posted by goaf1968
My wife and I were sitting in the living room watching the Nature Channel when she turned to me and said, Will you please do me a favor and do not get any candy, flowers or a card for Valentine's Day for me?"

Being the dutiful husband that I am, I agreed to honor her request. What I didn't say anything about, though, was the road trip I was going to take her on yesterday:

1. Headed into Lancaster County, PA for breakfast at our favorite morning meal restaurant.
2. Went to a local variety store where they happen to sell fabrics at very reasonable prices -- they serve the Amish and Mennonite communities with their goods.
3. Then it was off to a little one-man operated store where he sells the absolutely best smoked pork items I have ever had -- spent way too much there (yum.)
4. Off again, this time into Intercourse, PA, and two more fabric shops.
5. Then off to yet another grocery store to stock up on our favorite foods from that area (yes, I grew up in that area.)
6. Of course, another stop to yet another fabric store --- wait, actually two more shops.
7. Then a 1 1/2 hour drive back home.

Once home I cooked a meal of smoked pork chops, wax beans and handmade noodles. I then cleaned up for us.

Well, I think she made out far better than flowers, candy and a card.

Oh yes, did I say that we spent hours talking about all kinds of stuff, but nothing that related to any stressful situations (like work - college kids - work -- college kids bills --- did I mention work?

You see, it doesn't take much to make her happy -- just do everything she loves doing and surprise her by taking her.

Terry -- in Northern Delaware

P.S. I didn't forget about me. We went into two thrift shops and in one of them I found a pristine Singer Model 600 in its original carrying case ... and it looked like it was never used! That was the best $8 I have spent in a long time on a machine.
do you have a brother :wink:
Hahah thats the best one yet
Old 02-14-2011, 06:21 PM

Your wife is a lucky lady. It was my DH's day off & I hoped to just go out to dinner with him, but he had already promised someone he would help him move stuff from a storage unit. So I was home alone with my sewing.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:20 PM

Bless you!!! What a wonderful, thoughtful hubby you are!!! Could you give lessons on that thoughtfulness?? Mine could use a LOT of hints!! :)