Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I am sitting here in a state of Awwww and trying to keep from crying tears of joy.
I received (via ups) a very large box of quilting items today to use for my charity quilts. It had templets in it that I have been wanting for a long time, double wedding ring templets, apple core, hexagon, pyramid and the tumbling blocks. Some wonderful books, A can of basting spray ( I have never used basting spray before but wanted too), A beautiful quilt top and fabric galore. blocks and fabric to complete them. I just can't hardly believe it.

Then later the mail man knocked on my door with a medium flat rate box full of scraps for the charity quilts and 3 stuffed TY animals for little man. I wish you all could have been here to see Elijah when he saw the toys. He took them gave them a big hug then put them in his toy box before brother and sister saw them. He has never done anything like that before, it was so precious.

At times I forget how kind others can be and everyonce in while I get a reminder.

I just had to share with you all. I won't start a thread about it because last time I posted about a big box of fabric I received and someone had the nerve to PM me asking me how I get ppl to give me things for free. Needless to say it just pissed me off. It made me feel like I had been begging for free stuff. I am not that kind of person and I told her that in a not so nice way. I have never seen the B on the board again.

Ok I am done rambling. :-)
Old 01-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

This was posted on another thread by someone else but I just had to post it here.

Twas the month after Christmas,

and all through the house,
Nothing would fit me,
not even a blouse.

The cookies I'd nibbled,
and the chocolate I'd taste
at Christmas and New Year parties
had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales
there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store
(less a walk than a lumber),

I'd remember the marvellous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,
The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt...
I said to myself, as I only can,
"You can't spend a Summer, disguised as a man!"

So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.
Get rid of the fruit cake, every mince pie and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.
I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have chocolate, or corn bread, or pie.
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore....
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
Happy New Year to all, and to all a good diet.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:59 PM

Carrie,
I am so happy for you. And (a little!) envious of the templates...I can't wait to hear how you use it all. My dh bought me a Big Shot cutter for my bd, the dies for the Baby! are just a little too big. He's been trimming the edge for me. I will have my pyramid template on Monday, and my flower template. I am very excited also.

Happy sewing!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am sitting here in a state of Awwww and trying to keep from crying tears of joy.
I received (via ups) a very large box of quilting items today to use for my charity quilts. It had templets in it that I have been wanting for a long time, double wedding ring templets, apple core, hexagon, pyramid and the tumbling blocks. Some wonderful books, A can of basting spray ( I have never used basting spray before but wanted too), A beautiful quilt top and fabric galore. blocks and fabric to complete them. I just can't hardly believe it.

Then later the mail man knocked on my door with a medium flat rate box full of scraps for the charity quilts and 3 stuffed TY animals for little man. I wish you all could have been here to see Elijah when he saw the toys. He took them gave them a big hug then put them in his toy box before brother and sister saw them. He has never done anything like that before, it was so precious.

At times I forget how kind others can be and everyonce in while I get a reminder.

I just had to share with you all. I won't start a thread about it because last time I posted about a big box of fabric I received and someone had the nerve to PM me asking me how I get ppl to give me things for free. Needless to say it just pissed me off. It made me feel like I had been begging for free stuff. I am not that kind of person and I told her that in a not so nice way. I have never seen the B on the board again.

Ok I am done rambling. :-)
Oh that is wonderful!!! I think the quilting community is filled with such generous souls. I am thrilled to hear how you will be able to continue your charity work!!

Elijah is so darling!!

Missy
Old 01-21-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Carrie,
I am so happy for you. And (a little!) envious of the templates...I can't wait to hear how you use it all. My dh bought me a Big Shot cutter for my bd, the dies for the Baby! are just a little too big. He's been trimming the edge for me. I will have my pyramid template on Monday, and my flower template. I am very excited also.

Happy sewing!
Aww your hubby is so sweet! How is everything else going for you?

Missy
Old 01-21-2011, 05:19 PM

What a great gift Carrie, we need pics! Weren't you looking for a 5: square template? Did you get one of those?

Oh, and I love the poem!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lauriejo
What a great gift Carrie, we need pics! Weren't you looking for a 5: square template? Did you get one of those?

Oh, and I love the poem!
I still haven't gotten the 5in. Hopefully I will find it at tax time. I didn't think to show a pic here. When I get back home I will post it.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:47 PM

Carrie, how exciting!!!!! That's cute of Elijah to hide his new "treasures" before his siblings saw them. I love the poem you posted. So true!!!!

I would like to say I DID NOT STOP AT THE STORE AND BUY A BABY RUTH TODAY!!!!!!! yeah me.....

Still no news on James. Your prayers are all appreciated. Please continue to pray for the family to have peace! Thank you! Big hugs to all, Sandy
Old 01-21-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Carrie, how exciting!!!!! That's cute of Elijah to hide his new "treasures" before his siblings saw them. I love the poem you posted. So true!!!!

I would like to say I DID NOT STOP AT THE STORE AND BUY A BABY RUTH TODAY!!!!!!! yeah me.....

Still no news on James. Your prayers are all appreciated. Please continue to pray for the family to have peace! Thank you! Big hugs to all, Sandy
Yay for you Sandy!! I am still praying!

Missy
Old 01-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Still praying Sandy. I do hope there is some news soon.