Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-21-2011, 08:56 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    What a great gift Carrie, we need pics! Weren't you looking for a 5: square template? Did you get one of those?

Oh, and I love the poem!
    Here is your picture. LOL!
    It doesn't show everything but it is close. The books, templets and thread are under the fabric.
    The funny thing is I had to buy a new vaccum today and when I got home I saw the box on my sewing chair and completely forgot about the vaccum. I think it was 2 hours later when I finally remembered the vaccum.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-165295.jpe  
    Old 01-21-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    If I didn't lose something this week I am killing myself. I have been so good.

Today

breakfast.......yogurt with 1/2 jar baby prunes......I love prunes. I usually have oatmeal but forgot to set it up last night. yogurt was easier. I can't function when I get up.

Snack 1/3 c of all bran cereal with 1/2 c milk.

Lunch............pasta with fresh garlic, olive oil and romano cheese

Snack a handful of potato chips......I was really hungry and Joyce left them on the couch where I was sitting. It was only a handfull not the entire bag.

Dinner........Salad with lettuce, tomatoes, red cabbage, onions, oranges, navy beans and creamy raspberry dressing. Along with applesauce, it was only 1/4 c.

I can still have a snack so I am having whole grain bread with tahani and a glass of milk.
    not to sound dumb but what is tahani? Just courious :roll:
    Old 01-22-2011, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    What a great gift Carrie, we need pics! Weren't you looking for a 5: square template? Did you get one of those?

Oh, and I love the poem!
    It doesn't show everything but it is close. The books, templets and thread are under the fabric.
    The funny thing is I had to buy a new vaccum today and when I got home I saw the box on my sewing chair and completely forgot about the vaccum. I think it was 2 hours later when I finally remembered the vaccum.
    OH I LOVE IT!! Those pieces will make some great quilts! I love seeing fabric of all colors and prints meld together in beautiful works of art! You are blessed to have an Angel helping you make someone's dream come true. YOU are so wonderful for being part of that process too!!

As I have said many many times...the quilting community is one of the most generous groups of people I have ever known and I am so grateful to be part of it!

I have come to really love this group over all these months. Even if I never have to lose another pound I would continue to be part of this group.

Missy
    Old 01-22-2011, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    If I didn't lose something this week I am killing myself. I have been so good.

Today

breakfast.......yogurt with 1/2 jar baby prunes......I love prunes. I usually have oatmeal but forgot to set it up last night. yogurt was easier. I can't function when I get up.

Snack 1/3 c of all bran cereal with 1/2 c milk.

Lunch............pasta with fresh garlic, olive oil and romano cheese

Snack a handful of potato chips......I was really hungry and Joyce left them on the couch where I was sitting. It was only a handfull not the entire bag.

Dinner........Salad with lettuce, tomatoes, red cabbage, onions, oranges, navy beans and creamy raspberry dressing. Along with applesauce, it was only 1/4 c.

I can still have a snack so I am having whole grain bread with tahani and a glass of milk.
    not to sound dumb but what is tahani? Just courious :roll:
    It is like peanut butter but made with sesame seeds. Very mediteranean. I love it!

Missy
    Old 01-22-2011, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Missy congrats on the surgery and may you have the best of luck with it!!
    Hugs
    April
    Thank you so much April!

Missy
    Old 01-22-2011, 03:14 AM

Tahini is the ingredient that makes hummus taste good. I love it, too!

I have fluid build up today. My scale said I gained 10 pounds last night - will drink lots of water today and see what tomorrow brings.

We have 9 days left in the month-let's give it a big shove!

Just for today...
    I will stay on my program.
    Old 01-22-2011, 05:24 AM

Oh, and I love the poem!
    A vacuum would be the last thing on my mind with a goodie box like that in front of me! What a generous gift.
    Old 01-22-2011, 05:41 AM
    Power Poster

For remclave and purplemem.

Here is the templets I got.They are called charm quilt templets classic shapes. They look like they are cardboard but they are just covered with brown paper, gonna try to take the paper off because I like to be able to see the fabric under the templets.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-165334.jpe  
    Old 01-22-2011, 05:43 AM
    Power Poster

Oh, and I love the poem!
    A vacuum would be the last thing on my mind with a goodie box like that in front of me! What a generous gift.
    I think I have sent my angel 4 pm's thanking her. LOL!! I really do love all of it.
    Old 01-22-2011, 05:52 AM
    Power Poster

I am going to Paducah today. YAY! I am hoping we have time to go to hobby lobby and Hancock's. I've never been to Hancock's. I only live about 45 minutes away from Paducah but I only make it there twice a year. I am looking forward to getting out of this town for the day. I don't travel well so I genenrally stay in this little town.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will check back in this evening.