Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Banned

I am watching Hungry Girl on the cook channel what a great show. I never watched it before but if I remember I will watch it next week.
The next recipe is called yum yum brownie muffins. I have a pen and paper ready to write it down.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I am watching Hungry Girl on the cook channel what a great show. I never watched it before but if I remember I will watch it next week.
The next recipe is called yum yum brownie muffins. I have a pen and paper ready to write it down.
I so love her! She is my diet angel!!

Missy
Old 01-22-2011, 04:31 PM

Yeah. I love the cooking channel. We are watching the cup cake wars right now. Not a good thing to watch for me. I love cupcakes. I guess I need to go do something else. Like quilt....
Old 01-22-2011, 04:50 PM

Tru, have you tried any of the 4 ingredient recipes?
Old 01-22-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
Those recipes are awesome!!

Missy
Old 01-22-2011, 05:40 PM

Has anyone done any baking or cooking with Splenda? My husband is a diabetic and I'm trying to cut back on portions, sweets, and junk. Both of us were getting hungry for something sweet and I made some oatmeal cookies, but substituted sugar with Splenda. They were terrible, and I can't even describe the taste. I have heard and read that Splenda can be used in regular recipes in the place of sugar. I tried it one other time in cooking but I can't remember what it was now. I just remember that it did not taste good. Has anyone had success with it?
Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am going to Paducah today. YAY! I am hoping we have time to go to hobby lobby and Hancock's. I've never been to Hancock's. I only live about 45 minutes away from Paducah but I only make it there twice a year. I am looking forward to getting out of this town for the day. I don't travel well so I genenrally stay in this little town.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will check back in this evening.
Now I feel really blessed! We have TWO Hancock's, a Hobby Lobby and a Joann's. Plus we have that huge "Best Fabrics" warehouse store where I pick up fat quarters for $1.00 each! That $1 is a set price! :D
Old 01-22-2011, 05:47 PM

No, I have tried Splenda in cooking and it was awful when I used it, too. I made banana bread with it and actually threw the bread out!

I have been reducing the sugar in my recipes by half, some times it works. I also substitute 1/2 applesauce for cooking oil in baking.

Again, sometimes it works.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:56 PM

Way to go Tru!!!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
Hi MJ I miss your emails.

Actually I forgot about that cookbook. It is not with mine I told you Joyce wanted it when she saw it. I let her have it, I know it is probably wrong but I would give her anything she wanted even if I had to sell a kidney to get the money. It must be in her bedroom with her cookbooks. She keeps hers seperate from mine, I don't know why. Joyce is sleeping, it isn't even 9:30 but she was tired I don't want to wake her. I ahve to look through it tomorrow and see the calorie count on the recipes. I won't have a snack over 100 calories.