Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-03-2011, 10:15 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by BMP
    ANY movement is a plus no matter what speed you do !!
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:18 AM

Good for you Bonnie. I agree, any movement is better than none. Especially for ones like me that have not "moved", or exercised in years. When you've been dormant for so long, you MUST start out slow and work on increasing your pace in small increments. Then the fact I had knee surgery 2 weeks ago, I certainly have to limit what I am able to do and how long I can do it for. You got your exercise off to a good start. I'm proud of ya! Keep up the good work.
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:20 AM

I guess I'll use what the Wii says as my goal weight. It thinks 157.2 would be good for me. Hopefully in the next 6 months I can make that happen. I was at 204.7 this morning. I bought the EA Active 2 & hope to start using it as soon as I build up some strength. It sure would be nice to wake up & be able to move my back without pain.

How much postage does it take to mail a FQ? I bet it fits fine in a 5x7 envelope.
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:22 AM

Well I have started off right so that makes me happy :-) I am drinking 128 ounces of water a day! I am also only eating healthy foods and I am trying to move more-using the stairs at work, parking as far away as possible...I am hoping hubby's bonus this week will be enough for me to join the gym with the pool as that is the only exercise I can do with my medical issues. Congrats MJ on the weight loss (sorry it was because you weren't feeling well though :-( )
    We can do this, we will do this!!
    Hugs
    April
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    On the cardio machines (those things that come with book racks, lol) time spent is not nearly as important as intensity of the workout. You should always be working within your target heart rate for burning fat. For me that is 150. Find out your target heart rate and check often to see if you are in that range. 20-30 minutes of that will do more for you than hours of leisurely walking while reading a magazine in the book rack. In my gym, the people who read while using the cardio machines are not the ones you see ever get any smaller. My rule of thumb is that if you can see print on a page or screen while working out, you aren't working hard enough to do any good.
    That may be fine and good for people that have a baseline of fitness but for the great majority of the people here we are just trying to get some movement into our days. There is NO WAY I could exercise at the intensity you talked about. I walked up and down the stairs in my house once and I walked through the grocery store and I am worn out. ANY movement is better than NO movement.

I hear that you are trying to help but remember, we are not all at a place where we can work out like that. There are many days where walking to the mailbox and back is all I can do.

Another thing to remember is we are here to encourage each other and not discourage those that cannot do what others can do. I think that by telling people that they wont get smaller if they are not working at their target heart rate and if they read while the are exercising is not a good thing. We are doing OUR best not YOUR best or other people's best who are much healthier than us.

Just my two cents.

Missy
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
    Good morning everyone!
    I have a slimmed down recipe to share. Do I post it here or
    in Recipe section? Dotty
    I have not too much of the posts here but I would LOVE to see the recipe. I say post it here.

Missy
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by kwendt

:lol: There's this little thing on the Elliptical, the Cross Trainer, the Stationary Bike, etc.... and it's called.....are you ready?.... it's called a "book rack". lol
    Well just slap me silly, I didn't know that. I have never been to a gym I do pilates at home and with all the foot harnesses and resistance cords it looks more like I am getting ready for an X rated movie then exercising. :shock: :shock:
    Now I would rent THAT dvd!!! Is this your co-star? He is HOT (as in I am gonna barf up my dinner sort of way)!!
    He looks like he needs to take a shower in RAID ROACH SPRAY!!!!!!!!!!!! But I could be wrong, maybe it should be Hartz flea spray OH MY I just can't decide.
    I say he needs the Raid and a flea collar. Eww! He has that Joe Dirt kinda look about him. LOL!

Missy
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:42 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Does shivering in the cold count as exercise? LMBO!!
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    Well I have started off right so that makes me happy :-) I am drinking 128 ounces of water a day! I am also only eating healthy foods and I am trying to move more-using the stairs at work, parking as far away as possible...I am hoping hubby's bonus this week will be enough for me to join the gym with the pool as that is the only exercise I can do with my medical issues. Congrats MJ on the weight loss (sorry it was because you weren't feeling well though :-( )
    We can do this, we will do this!!
    Hugs
    April
    Sounds like you are doing great April! Keep on keeping on!!!

Missy
    Old 01-03-2011, 10:44 AM
    Banned

I have oatmeal NOT INSTANT almost everyday for breakfast. I get it ready the night before so I have to microwave it in the morning and not think or worry about what I should eat. Today I had cranberry orange oatmeal. I replace 1/2 the water with OJ and added a 1/2 tbsp dried cranberries.
    If you try and make things easier to eat that are healthy it takes the thought and worry out of it. I wake up in the morning and plan my meals and snacks for the day. Sometimes menus for a few days if I am making muffins etc. I NEED snacks if I don't eat something every 2 hours I get a headache and feel sick to my stomach. I spread my food out through the day. I don't have salad with dinner I have it as a snack after dinner. I LOVE a green salad with manderine oranges, dried cranberries and creamy raspberry dressing. It tasts like dessert.

Creamy Raspberry Dressing
    1 c plain yogurt
    1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
    2 tbsp raspberry jam
    salt and pepper to taste
    wisk all together. YUMMMMMM!!