Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

• Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-25-2011, 04:59 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Hubby and I are leaving for Jax, FL in the morning, so I won't be on the computer for a few days. We are still waiting to hear what the funeral arrangements are, but we will go ahead and get the drive out of the way (8 hrs).

Everyone continue to do good and I will do the same. I know there will be lots of food brought in over the next few days and I'm going to have to REALLY watch myself. Hugs to all, Sandy
    Be safe out there on the road. I will be thinking and praying for you and your family. Trials are tough but you all will get thru this.
    Old 01-25-2011, 05:03 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Sandy, you and your family will continue in my prayers.

Tru, I am so sorry about your awful burn. Please watch it carefully.

Missy, I am very excited about your consult. Let us know...

Carrie, I sure hope you feel better soon. I miss your cheery smile. (it shows when you type :D )
    MJ you are such a sweet person.
    The evenings is when I feel the worst. I don't get to rest during the day with when it's just me and little man so I look forward to bed time. I've been running a vaporizer at night so I can breath. I don't have a fever so I know it is not an infection and just a cold. I hate colds, it has been a long time since I had a cold. Maybe a couple of years.
    I am hanging in there.
    Old 01-25-2011, 05:08 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Well, my weight loss has really stalled now. I have been doing really well at maintaining my weight, and after two years of constant weight gain that is a good thing. But with the arthritis in my hands and knees, bursitis in both hips, and now tendonitis in my shoulder I can hardly move. Even breathing in and out makes me want to scream! Blergh
    I am truly sorry you are having to deal with so much pain.
    This may sound strange but have you tried those braceletes with the magnets in them? I have burcitis (sp?) in my right arm and at times I can't move it, the pain will run from the finger tips to the shoulder. Being as stubborn as I am I always wait til it hurts so much I can't stand it but if I put on my bracelet the pain slowly eases over a day or two. Unfortunately it does nothing for my shoulder injury.
    Old 01-25-2011, 05:09 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by dgrindey
    CJ, that was very funny.
    I am glad you enjoyed it. I am gonna print it out and hang it on my fridge.
    Old 01-25-2011, 09:11 PM

Sandy I will continue to pray for you and your family. Be careful, when you are upset it is easy to be distracted while driving.
    Tru is your foot feeling any better? Burns are a real pain! (sorry I couldn't resist) I haven't even had a really large burn, except when I got sun poisoning. But I have had a couple serious ones and they are a b***h.
    Carrie I actually did try the magnets years ago. I had a friend who swore by them so I gave them a try but never noticed any change. But that before I had the bursitis, I just had the arthritis and nerve damage in my hands.
    Old 01-25-2011, 11:08 PM

Thanks for all your sweet words and prayers. I've got to go pack. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. I just haven't had any "get up and go" tonight. I guess I will get off the computer and get busy packing. I want to be ready to go when Hubby wakes up in the morning. We'll take our dog, Baby, to the vet, then hit the road. I sure dont like leaving her there but no choice on this late notice. She will be fine but Chris said I tend to think she is human and not dog. She IS my 4 legged furry child. Enough rambling, I've got to pack. I hope you are all sleeping soundly at this time. I'll check in when/if I get a chance. Hugs, Sandy
    Old 01-26-2011, 07:23 AM

Mud..one time we were out in the woods and my son got multiple yellow jacket stings...he kicked the nest...we had no ice or water so I poured kool on the ground and made a 'mud pack'. It helped until we could get him into a cool soda bath. :?
    Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 AM

Here is a list of the 12 WORST sandwiches in America. The numbers on these sandwiches are astonishing. It makes me want to make my own sandwiches and not buy one from a restaurant or fast food place.

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatt...wiches-america

Missy
    Old 01-26-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Okay, my sweet friends and prayer warriors, I have another urgent prayer request. We just got word my 51 yr old SIL, Becky, is in ICU in Jax, FL. She has pneumonia and her body is not responding to the meds. They have called the family in, as they do not expect her to make it. She only weighs about 86 lbs which also works against her being so sick and not responding to the meds. Hubby and I are in AL and are trying to work out arrangements on leaving for FL. Your prayers are so greatly appreciated!!! Thank you! Sandy

PS, still no news on James. Your prayers for him and the family are so appreciated. God Bless you all! You are the sweetest "bunch" of ladies/friends. I appreciate all of you so much! Hugs, Sandy
    I will certainly be praying for your SIL and will continue to pray for James.

Missy
    Old 01-26-2011, 10:17 AM
    Banned

Sandy I am sorry for your loss. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Missy when do you go to the doc or did I miss it posted. I had lots to read.

Joyce wanted Pizza for dinner last night. She wanted 1 kind. I wanted a veggie wchich would have been fine except I ate 1/2 pizza. I couldn't stop eating. Then we had raspberry danish I eat 3/4 of that.

Today............
    breakfast.....yogurt with prunes....I love prune in any form.
    lunch........a bagel with cream cheese and hot cocoa

I hope I can control my eating the rest of the day. I am going to have soup and salad for dinner.

It was hard to take a bath last night. I can't stand long because of the vertigo so I always have to take baths. I had to get it the tub and fill it up with water. My foot is too burned to put it in warm water let alone hot. Then I had to empty the tub while I was in it to get out. I still can't believe how bad I burned it and haw large an area it is.