Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >
  • August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

• August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-19-2011, 08:10 AM
    Power Poster

Mary You said it perfectly.Lori I love magazines used ones are fine . I buy them at yard sales whenever I find them.Also I love getting the free leaflets of patterns. Not all the stores have the same patterns,If you recieve one you already have pass it on,maybe the next person doesn't have it. Carrot you sent Sue a beautiful swap.It's surprising how many new swapers are really doing a great job. Hope everyone feels better soon. Mary
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:04 AM

When I go to Walmart I always get 2 of the qullt patterns one for me and 1 for my sp. I had a lady give me a stack of 13 magazines from 1987 to 2009. She can no longer quilt because of her sight and arthritis. Would these be good for secret pals swap or are they to old to be of interest to anyone? I will look through them first but was wondering if these would be good to pass along with my future package?
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    When I go to Walmart I always get 2 of the qullt patterns one for me and 1 for my sp. I had a lady give me a stack of 13 magazines from 1987 to 2009. She can no longer quilt because of her sight and arthritis. Would these be good for secret pals swap or are they to old to be of interest to anyone? I will look through them first but was wondering if these would be good to pass along with my future package?
    Yes they should be wonderful to pass on to your SP.
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:38 AM
    Swap Hosts

I think they would be terrific. I know that some folks on this board also love the old Work Basket magazines. I was at Big Lots yesterday and saw a ton of nifty quilting books for $3 each. Needless to say I stocked up.
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 AM

please pass them along....i think the majority of us quilters ejoy the older mags as well as new ones!!!!
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:58 AM

Too old??? Anything to do with quilting is not too old..I think its a wonderful idea :thumbup:
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:59 AM

They would be great as SP gifts, so that we can make quilts from the vintage patterns or new patterns. Sounds like they would be fun either way to look thru.
    Old 08-19-2011, 10:09 AM

Lori, I agree with everyone else. The magazines would be wonderful in a swap ... I know I would love them. :)
    Old 08-19-2011, 10:14 AM

Both my Secret Pal's have received their packages. Yeah!!! I am so nervous until they finally get them. You never know what might happen to parcels in the mail.

Now that they have recieved them it is time for me to get excited about receiving mine.

So I will now be stalking the postlady ... she will think I am nuts!!!
    Old 08-19-2011, 10:19 AM

I GOT MINE,I GOT MINE.OHHHHHHHHHHHH its wonderful.I got my sp package from SL HUGHES.Like I said its wonderful,I;m eating the best Smarties,have to save a few for DGS,I did manage to wait till after DD took the picture tho.Stacey made it so special by sending a pen and a magnet note pad with my name on them and a birthday card.She sent 4fqs and 2 charm pks of my favorite colors a travel box for my rotery cutter filled with a spool of thread,tape measure and the cutest little pair of embroidery scissors.A pair of spring action scissors.Two wonderful patterns which I plan to put to use.I cant say THANK YOU enough . DD is ging to post my pictures for me and teach me how so I can do it next time.