Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan... >

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Nov 2011 Weight Loss Adventure winner is susan...

Old 11-06-2011, 10:43 AM

Wowzers! I used to live on the corner of 7th and Washington, well until I was seven (a looooonnnngggg time ago). Still a nice neighborhood.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:24 AM

Such a small world, huh? We moved in '79, were you there then?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:57 AM

Has anyone figured out how to get our weight loss tickers back? I just tried and got nothing. The info is still there. I kinda liked it there. It reminded me of how far I have come when I get discouraged.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:22 PM

When I read the new rules they explained that some stuff was going to be deleted due to space, blinking hurting some & *sigh* scriptures will be deleted as they find them. Not PC I guess. I took my scripture off myself because that seems less hurtful to me than someone else doing it.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:59 PM

Thank you guys so much for all the support and love! The voices are getting better. I think I just need to stop and take a deep breath periodically. I won't let those voices win!

Missy
Old 11-06-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Good Morning Ladies!

Nanci, thinking about you & sending caring thoughts.

Missy, hang in there! You are so strong now, much stronger than you were.

Cindy, can you show us what you are working on? It sounds great.

I actually had a couple of nice NSV yesterday. My daughter ran her 1st marathon & we went to watch. The day was messed up for sure! Got on the road by 4am to get to Savannah by 8. We hurried from mile marker to mile marker to cheer for her & the other runners. We stopped by Arby's for a late lunch/early dinner & I ordered a small roast beef sandwich...NO FRIES!!!! NO SODA or *sigh* MILK SHAKE!!!! We got home at 8 that night & I was still kinda hungry. Here's the good news...I made myself a bowl of veggies & then went to bed to read until I could fall asleep. I count that as a win for sure! Xylie, I am in for your 10 pound challange and made a good start this week
I will take some pictures later today, just got back from getting my hair cut and I am exhausted.

Took mom and after the hair cuts, we stopped at IHOP for brunch. I did good, only ate 1/2 of my biscuits and gravey.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl View Post
Thank you guys so much for all the support and love! The voices are getting better. I think I just need to stop and take a deep breath periodically. I won't let those voices win!

Missy
Good for you. I think we all need to remember to stop and take a deep breath from time to time. Collect ourselves get focused.

You are stronger than those voices that try to creep in on you. You have too many people who care about you to give in to them.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:15 PM

Stopping in to say Hi. The bazaar is over - I finished my quilt at 4:10 A.M., delivered it on the way to my room at 9:00 and it sold at 9:45. Woohoo! Not my genre - candlewicking embroidery with lace on the sashings and calico borders, but obviously it struck a chord with someone. I spent the day being cashier in the Jewelry Boutique. Sold $900 worth of used, cleaned jewelry. It's been a popular addition to the bazaar. No one else likes to take money and they are slower, so I just do it to keep things moving. Besides, I do better sitting. I can't just stand all day.

Needless to say, I was very tired last night, so I ate too much sugar and no real meal. I'm back on track today. I keep saying I'm too old to pull these all nighters, but somehow the need keeps arising.

Missy, you're tougher than the voices. Take your meds, get some rest, get some exercise, eat no sugar and call your Dr or counselor if you need to. We're all on your side, sweetie.

Jeanne, I wish for you an improvement in your health. Things like swollen arms are scary. It sounds like you are doing the right things.

Nanci, my ex-husband's wife died Friday under circumstances similar to your mother's. She went very peacefully after someone read her a Bible verse (and she wasn't always a peaceful woman.) Hang in there and take care of yourself.

MJ, such unwelcome news you've been getting. I still know you can prove them wrong. The fact that you are losing weight can only help. I'm sure you are getting the right foods for healing. We can't waste our calories on junk when our body is in a healing crisis.

I am starting to clean house a little and starting those Flying Geese. Leaves were planned for this afternoon, but the sun went away and we're having huge winds, so forget it. Do I dare plan Thanksgiving dinner at my house? What if I have days like Mon and Tues where I can barely move at that time? Hard to decide.

I wish you all a healthy eating week. Eat (the right foods in the right amounts), drink (lots of water) and be merry.

Last edited by irishrose; 11-06-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:11 PM

How wonderful to see your quilt go so quickly!!!!! It must have been beautiful, did you take a picture (I hope)

Sleep well tonight!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:37 PM

Our sigs are gone with the wind .If I understand it right,they won't be back. I also miss seeing the wt loss sigs.Losing is a complicated process & every little bit helps, such as seeing where someone has lost.......kind of made us want to try harder.Well, nothing lasts forever......we'll stick with it & lose those pds.
Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
Has anyone figured out how to get our weight loss tickers back? I just tried and got nothing. The info is still there. I kinda liked it there. It reminded me of how far I have come when I get discouraged.