Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 01-09-2010, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
OK ...I am getting there..I didn't think I had many UFO's since I wasn't counting my unquilted tops......( I was considering them done once I had finished peicing them) so this last week I quilted 4 quilts...will have binding done by the end of the weekend. ...I am also finishing a set of pot holders that have been sitting on my table for 6 weeks.
I think if you are sending your quilts out to be quilted you can count them done. If you are quilting them yourself, count them as a UFO. ;)

Quilt jail would be just wonderful, if it includes no phone, meals provided, a sewing machine and all our stash needed to complete a few UFOs! :lol:
Old 01-10-2010, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Quilt jail would be just wonderful, if it includes no phone, meals provided, a sewing machine and all our stash needed to complete a few UFOs! :lol:
I'm with you :thumbup: Sometimes I wish I could close a door and avoid the interruptions. Forget the meals. Just give me those UFOs!
Old 01-10-2010, 07:33 AM

I'm really happy about the way this UFO challenge is going. I believe I will be putting the binding on my bff cathy's b-day qult, whoo hoo!! I might actually be able to give to her only 10 months late, LOL!! Will post picture when I get the binding all stitched down. wonder if I can get a second UFO done this month? one can dream!!
Old 01-10-2010, 07:53 AM

UFO sounded like a good idea
but I keep findings things I forgot about ages ago THEN I read about connecting Threads and just ordered 2 more kits. Now does that make sense? I 've never ordered a kit /in my life.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Originally Posted by Tiffany
I'm with you :thumbup: Sometimes I wish I could close a door and avoid the interruptions. Forget the meals. Just give me those UFOs!
I think this is why I look forward to attending my local guild's yearly retreat in October. It's up in the Teton Mountains and there is no cell service, which means I get to sew uninterrupted for as long as I want. I love that! Of course, I usually end up visiting with everyone so much I don't get as much done as I'd like, but I've given myself permission not to fret over that. ;)

Originally Posted by unfinished business
but I keep findings things I forgot about ages ago THEN I read about connecting Threads and just ordered 2 more kits. Now does that make sense? I 've never ordered a kit /in my life.
Makes perfect sense to me. Most of us have several projects we are working on at the same time. Just spend one week working on the kit and then take a break and work on the UFO. This way you won't get bored with any single project, or at least it helps me to keep from getting bored with a project, and you still get to accomplish finishing your UFOs. :thumbup:
Old 01-10-2010, 01:21 PM

I FINALLY managed to whip my sewing room back into some kind of order. Do fabric kits count as UFOs? If so, I'm in a LOT of trouble :lol:
Old 01-10-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by unfinished business
oh I am betting you are going to love their kits. I am just finishing up one as my January UFO. Just have to sew down the binding and put on the label
Old 01-10-2010, 04:45 PM

Woohoo first completed UFO! it only needed binding.
The two baby charity quilts were freehand quilted and binding added.
Cut out borders for the next one, and organized my Feb UFO(hope to finish in Feb:)

Medallion, with needle turn applique
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65921[/ATTACH]

charity baby quilts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]65922[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-65916.jpe   attachment-65917.jpe  
Old 01-10-2010, 05:00 PM

Oh my goodness, I LOVE your UFO!!! The colors are just gorgeous and soft and it makes me want to cuddle under your quilt. Thank you for sharing, and if it needs a good home... :thumbup:
Old 01-10-2010, 05:03 PM

thank you! it was started about 4 years agos, three of us made one each, each "reads" a different color.
Sorry, it does not need a home:)