April - Boom 18

Old 03-14-2017, 01:51 PM

I saw baby Liam doing well injured fingers and new toys Yahooo there was a meet and greet in Florida good for you girls what fun new cloths for naked chickens and so many beautiful blocks I missed so much.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Billie on your block the eyes are not sewn down except with a couple of stitches...just in case you want to remove the if you have it machine quilted. I loved your cat fabric!! I cant even think of bonus blocks with so many of the regular ones to finish!! Great job to you that made extra ones!
What an adorable kitty Joan I love her.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Well I have Billi's finished. Boring TV tonight and not wanting to do housework combined to facilitate getting it finished. There is not one stripe or octagon. I hope it's not to busy or to bright. The fabric w/ the birds has all the perfect colors in your fabric. And the cats are so mellow after all the beer and wine, the birds are safe. lol
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568943[/ATTACH]
Those silly cats must have drank too much booze. I love it Kass thank you

Originally Posted by jclinganrey View Post

Here's my block for Billi. It's based on Pick up Sticks but I call it 'Under the Influence. . .' ((aka What was I smoking??))

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569237[/ATTACH]
Jane what do you smoke? you should share. Those tangled up kitties are very cute Thank you

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew View Post
Here is my kitty block for Billi! I love this color of fairy frost fabric. Your kitty fabric was so fun to play with.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569505[/ATTACH]
Muse Thank you what a cute kitty in the center, I love it.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Cat block for Billi[ATTACH=CONFIG]569714[/ATTACH] .
MJ great colors and block and a new cat too It's perfect thank you also that block for Janice is awesome what a great idea.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

It's great to hear from you Billi... it's been too long. I was worried you had dropped out! Glad you've just been having fun. I don't know where your daughter has been living, but mine lived in England for 8 years! That is not doable... I was so happy when she and her English hubby decided to live in America. Now they are only 3 hours away.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Very cute MJP, I tried to make a block with a bunch of circles, I was sewing then togther and turning them inside out right. Just got to darn frustrating. Had to give up on it
I had to laugh. On your block that's exactly what I tried to do, using interfacing as one side of the circle. It turned out terrible. I went back to my raw edge applique. I actually used one of the failed Terriamn blocks, cut apart as one of Janice's block.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:09 PM

Finished one more today for NanaKathy55. Only 3 more to go. This block is from mystery train 16 by PaintMeJudy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569902[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails nanakathy55.jpg  
Old 03-14-2017, 05:52 PM

My brother in law is working near a Tyson chicken house. Seems 200 2 day old chicks escaped. 6 were under his work truck, he captured them but only 3 made it to the end of the day. He brought them to me, I quickly set up the brooder, they were weak and chilled, but now they are warm and resting, they all ate and drank. They are looking bright eyed so we'll see how it goes w/ them.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
My brother in law is working near a Tyson chicken house. Seems 200 2 day old chicks escaped. 6 were under his work truck, he captured them but only 3 made it to the end of the day. He brought them to me, I quickly set up the brooder, they were weak and chilled, but now they are warm and resting, they all ate and drank. They are looking bright eyed so we'll see how it goes w/ them.
Don't get me started on how those chicken plants treat the chickens! Grrrr... The three that found their way to you, Kass, are so lucky! They found the Chicken Promised Land.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Finished one more today for NanaKathy55. Only 3 more to go. This block is from mystery train 16 by PaintMeJudy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569902[/ATTACH]
I love this! The spotted gray is perfect with the floral print. You reminded me I want to make that quilt that Judy designed....
Old 03-14-2017, 06:57 PM

I love the chicken promised land.

Kass thanks for the tip.

Billi glad you are back with us and special time with your dd and enjoyed your visit to South Carolina. We have only been there once but loved it

Biblistone great block
Old 03-15-2017, 06:20 AM

No squares to post yet so here's something else that might be fun for you. Found this joke for ya'll on Craftsy...

Q. What was the quilter doing in the pool?

A. Bobbin.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:19 AM

LOL that is funny!!!