Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What were you called when you were little, and by whom? >

What were you called when you were little, and by whom?

What were you called when you were little, and by whom?

Old 02-18-2011, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
My dad called me Chrissy from the get-go. I HATE that nickname. I have only ever had one other person call me that but it didn't bother me. My brothers used to call me Pi**y Chrissy until my mom made them stop. When I lived with my grandparents, Grammy would call me Joanne (my mom's name) and I would answer; otherwise she'd run through a whole lotta names before she got to mine. I have always gone by Chris but I do tell everyone that if you must use my formal, given name it is Christina with an "a" on the end and not an "e". Ex-FIL called me Christy. I receive a lot of mail addressed to Mr Chris Smith which ususally makes me laugh.
ME TOO! I HATE it when people use the 'e' not the 'a'. So I usually just say my name is Chris and skip the problem altogether. My first name was Mary..same as my mother, so I always hated the first day of school when the teacher learned not to call me that. I like going by Chris...I'm job hunting so this way I know I'm not discriminated against for gender.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:04 AM

My name really is Ellen, but I've been called Nelle since I was a newborn. The only ones who call me Ellen are those who don't know me very well, or for legal or medical purposes...
Old 02-19-2011, 07:44 AM

My brother called me Squirt, my grandmother Cindy Ann, my aunt Cinderella, my Mom and Dad Sister or Sister Ann, friends Tutt or Little Bit. OMG, I guess I'll answer to anything!!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:01 AM

My dad called me punkin, my grandma called me dumplin, my grandpa called me baby & my DH calls me BooBoo and my brother calls me Francie.
I call my DD Taz (Tazmanian Devil) because she was always moving and getting into things. My son was Turtle Man because he never did anything fast and his sister called him stinky. I call my grandaughter my little sweet potato.
When we were in highschool dating, my little cousin was about 3 and my now DH is Greek and she called him Geek. But she called me Shocky because she could not say Frances. I called my DB bubbie, but the worst was what all the mean little kids in school called my brother and I--remember now, it was the early 50's---My name is Frances, so they called me Frances the Mule after the movies with Donald O'Conner and his name is Hughie so he was called Baby Huey after the large cartoon duck. Needless to say, we beat an awful lot of kids up that called our sibling one of those names.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Dee

My dad called me Dee, mom called me liliac baby and uncles called me Coop, cuz my legs were so long and a tiny behind. My brother caleed me Di as most do today.
Old 02-20-2011, 02:28 PM

I've been called so many things where do I begin. My great grandma called me Phissy Ann, my little brother called me Philly until he died January 3rd of this year. I miss him...and I always called him Dada. My name is actually Phyllis Ann and his was David.
Mostly I'm called Aunt Shorty by my neices, nephews & great neices & nephews. My sisters just call me Shorty
Old 02-21-2011, 08:40 PM

My godfather calls me Legna. It's my name (Angel) spelled backwards. Don't know why, but he still calls me this.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:47 PM

Hoots, by my mom.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:42 PM

I remember my grandpa called my grandma Toots or Tootie. Boy, that was a long time ago...
Old 02-23-2011, 10:31 PM

I was always called "HazelButt" as a little girl...maybe I should have worn more clothes to avoid that name haha
My family still calls me "Haze", I don't remember the last time my mom or sister called me by my name (Hailee).