Name your phobia(s)

Old 02-25-2011, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I'm afraid of 5 things:

1.) Clowns - I was dropped by one on stilts when I was 3.
2.) FIREWORKS - a windy 4th of July my family and I went to the boardwalk to watch them. The wind picked one up before it went off and it dropped on my lap, burning my legs through jeans. My pants were on fire. My grandfather pushed me into the sand to stop the fire. I can't watch them on TV. Need to take sleeping pills on the 4th of July. Hearing them rattles me.
3.)Spiders/Snakes - they're tied for third place
5.) Cats - was scratched badly when I was 5. Needed 5 stitches! I will *not* be in a room with a cat. I have to leave.
You're a real survivor!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:53 PM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Arachnaphobia!!!!!! I know spiders eat the nasty bugs, and I won't kill them outside, but in my house . . . they gotta die! Also claustrophobic, I have to be able to see a way out. Can't stand long tunnels.
I second that... and one of our local Haunted Houses (Haunted Schoolhouse in Akron) has a couple loooooong tunnels to travel, I have the heebies after them... worse than that, my fear of spiders came when I lived in the Falls as a child, my gram had a brown recluse in the basement... and we had biggun's in our basement too, I hated it when mom sent me downstairs to find something in the laundry.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:58 PM

Snakes. Really afraid of snakes.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Dee

Don't like close places. And not to much for snakes, or anything in the lizard family. Don't like walking over high bridges.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Tall bridges over water. Several years ago, a barge hit the pilings of the causeway over the Laguna Madre, which goes from the southern tip of Texas to South Padre Island. Cars went over the edge and fell 85 feet. 8 people died. I can't drive over causeway bridges now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Isabella_Causeway
Old 02-26-2011, 07:21 AM

Snakes and boots! I know, weird! I can't wear boots my feet have claustrophobia.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:46 AM

Ok-here's an ODD one-and it is a real phobia-that is someone throwing up!! Even hearing it, makes my heart pound and my whole body shakes-if I see it, well, the pounding heart and body shakes are joined by nightmares and just not being able to get it out of my mind-I'm talking sometimes for years! Funny thing, though-it won't make me throw up myself. I didn't have kids for several years after I was married because I was afraid if (when) they got sick, I would run the other way! My mom said when they were my own kids, I could handle it-and she was right!! MY DH knows if he is going to be "sick", he lets me know so I can run out of the house-even in the middle of the night! As far back as I remember, I have had this and noone in my family knows what traumatic event triggered it. I'm 60 now, so I have lived with this a long time!!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by fabric whisperer
Originally Posted by lauriejo
Arachnaphobia!!!!!! I know spiders eat the nasty bugs, and I won't kill them outside, but in my house . . . they gotta die! Also claustrophobic, I have to be able to see a way out. Can't stand long tunnels.
I second that... and one of our local Haunted Houses (Haunted Schoolhouse in Akron) has a couple loooooong tunnels to travel, I have the heebies after them... worse than that, my fear of spiders came when I lived in the Falls as a child, my gram had a brown recluse in the basement... and we had biggun's in our basement too, I hated it when mom sent me downstairs to find something in the laundry.
You must be close to me! I won't go in haunted houses anymore, too hard to see the escape and I won't go anywhere when I can't see the door to get out!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:24 AM

lauriejo... your avatar looks how I feel this morning... :lol: need... more... coffee... hehe
Old 02-26-2011, 08:41 AM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by mypatookis
lauriejo... your avatar looks how I feel this morning... :lol: need... more... coffee... hehe
haa haa, definitely what I look like, with my toooth pull/dry socket!!! its been a few rough nights :) I hope I can sew today...