Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22 >

Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22

Hands of Hope for Kennedy Joiner - Teresa delivered the quilt - p22

Old 08-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Martina - thanks for the shout-out on the colors - I am going thru a "pop" phase! Cute story...my 10-year-old daughter just took a quilting camp and made her first quilt. We were shopping after one day and I picked up two fabrics. She came over and said "mom, you should put some of this with it, it would make that blue really "pop" and walked away. I about fell over on the floor - they must've talked about fabrics making others "pop" in the class, and she really got it!

Thank you so much for organizing and pulling all these together. You are putting so much time in - I cannnot get over the generosity of the ladies (and gents) on this board!
I just love these 'young quilter' stories! That is some awesome baseball fabric, esq! He is going to love it. So thoughtful of Martina, or ?, may have been...sorry, name escapes me, right now...oh wonderful person that offered to do embroidery :lol: ...anyway, to think of Glendon.
I try to do that, when somebody gets married and there are small children...new, 'steps'...I think it may help with the transistion. :D
oh, and somebody offered to send backing fabric,...how awesome are ppl here? :D
Old 08-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

Celeste, you've been a busy girl indeed. I counted 11 blocks - holy cow. Great variety of fabrics too. Thanks!

Teresa, I forgot to say thanks for the extra FQs - that was sweet.

I'll have some time this week to finish off the bits and pieces that are missing. (Some hearts - some words). Not a problem - that will keep me off the street. lol
Old 08-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

Just to make sure: Are there any hands still in the works or in the mail?

This group (as always) has done a wonderful job. Can you believe it: Currently I have 39 blocks. Some still need to have a little work to finish them off. As soon as I get them done, I'll bring them to work (where there's a bit more space than at the house) and lay them out to take a GOOD picture.

At that point, I'll need your input on how to finish it. 39 Blocks sounds like a HUGE-ish quilt.

I was thinking maybe a 5X6 for the raffle and a 3X3 for Kennedy?????????
Old 08-13-2009, 11:51 AM

Cheers,
My block went out in mail yesterday, hope it just adds to the great cheer of this project.
hugs
jrsay
Old 08-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JRSAY
Cheers,
My block went out in mail yesterday, hope it just adds to the great cheer of this project.
hugs
jrsay
I'm sure it will - thanks :lol:
Old 08-13-2009, 08:23 PM

I guess you have enough blocks...If not let me know and I will make more for the quilts ...Thanks again to everyone who has participated in this good cause for Kennedy.....Great group of people here on this board everyone has been more than kind : :wink: :wink: :wink:
Old 08-14-2009, 04:34 AM

Glad to have been a part of this. Thanks to you who are doing the real job of putting it (them) together. You are the heroes!
THANK YOU :D
Old 08-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

Cheers,
hugs
jrsay
DH picked up the mail and he told me I had a "smooshy" - he must have been thinking "squishy." Anyway - your hand is here and I love the fabric. Where did you find the fabric that had the letters in it?
Old 08-18-2009, 07:58 AM

Cheers O mad Amazing Quilter,
Went to Virginia in April, Abingdon Quilt Shop,,,can look on their website. think it is a R Kauffman, we had nothing like that up here in PA.
Small shop but fun.
Hope you post photo of all those cheer hands.
stitchfully
JRSAY
Old 08-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

Hope you post photo of all those cheer hands.
I promise, but right now my time is split. I am in charge of texturing the walls and the ceiling in the office/guestroom. 11x11 sounds and looks like a small room - UNTIL the walls need to be redone. (DH and I are on a never-ending quest of home improvement.)

Hope my arms won't fall off - lol.