Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My FAVORITE House Blocks!  Let's See Yours!! >

My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!!

My FAVORITE House Blocks! Let's See Yours!!

Old 04-14-2010, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
Those are the houses we are doing in the Funky Neighborhood Swap.
Come join us!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-41072-1.htm
Thank you susiequilt for this info!! Checked it out -- it's right up my alley for sure! That's the trouble -- everything's up my alley right now. If I wasn't going back to work soon, I sure would join in. It'll be lots of OT and doubt I'll even have time for QB anymore. :-( :-( You guys have a lot of fun without me! :-( :-(
Old 04-14-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by IngeMK
Oh, I just looked through all of them again. I have to try to make some more. Here's what I did so far..it's a Miss rosie pattern http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-33584-1.htm
I have got to try the beach huts some time soon...
Hi, Inge! I was just looking through all the house blocks again and missed this post of yours! That Miss Rosie pattern is something else! What a lot of work you put into it! I have always loved the "Star Within A Star" pattern and your houses are just so nice! You did a great job on that quilt. It looks large! What size is it? The beach huts look like they'd be fun to do! Easy...just what i like. PM me when you post your beach huts so I don't miss it!! Thank you so much for sharing your photo with all of us!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-15-2010, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Hi everyone! I ran across something in my bookmarks section today I thought some of you would love to have and/or know about. It's for those of you who didn't know about the tutorial at this site of Bonnie Hunter's quiltville site on doing houses "wonky" style. It's a great tute and want to add it to my thread for your convenience to check it out also.

it's at: http://www.quiltville.com/tonya/houses.shtml

They sure look like a lot of fun to do and that's what I want to try first! happy wonky housemaking to you! ;)
Thanks for sharing the link, I hadn't seen that one. On the same site she also has one for teapots, thats one I really want to do.
Everyone, great job on all your house, i enjoyed looking at them. You are all a inspiration!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Originally Posted by n2scraplvr
Hi everyone! I ran across something in my bookmarks section today I thought some of you would love to have and/or know about. It's for those of you who didn't know about the tutorial at this site of Bonnie Hunter's quiltville site on doing houses "wonky" style. It's a great tute and want to add it to my thread for your convenience to check it out also.

it's at: http://www.quiltville.com/tonya/houses.shtml

They sure look like a lot of fun to do and that's what I want to try first! happy wonky housemaking to you! ;)
Thanks for sharing the link, I hadn't seen that one. On the same site she also has one for teapots, thats one I really want to do.
Everyone, great job on all your house, i enjoyed looking at them. You are all a inspiration!
Your welcome! Everyone deserves an applause for their houses. Happy to show others' great works! I hope one day my minis are in their favorites photo collection! I scanned that tute real quick yesterday in my bookmarks section and it looked real good. We miss alot of things in our Bookmarks section sometimes, but that one's worth a try. Haven't seen the teapots as I haven't been to Bonnie's site in a few years. Time allowing, I'll check it out sometime! Have fun with your wonky houses -- they are the cutest!!

:D :D
Old 04-16-2010, 05:39 PM

nice blocks
Old 04-16-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
nice blocks
Thank you, dear!

:-D :-D
Old 04-22-2010, 07:08 PM

Just a quick note to say what has already been said. I do love your collection of house quilts. It is my mission this year to start my own collection and I have been looking at what I will do. Your collection has inspired me to simply start a house block and work from there. I love being at home so have long thought of doing a quilt (or more) which reflects this. So thanks for the inspiration.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:22 PM

What a nice collection.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:40 PM

All I can say is,"WOW" what a collection.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Maria Cross
Just a quick note to say what has already been said. I do love your collection of house quilts. It is my mission this year to start my own collection and I have been looking at what I will do. Your collection has inspired me to simply start a house block and work from there. I love being at home so have long thought of doing a quilt (or more) which reflects this. So thanks for the inspiration.
Thank you so much Maria for admiring my collection and yes it begins with your first house and it will grow from there! I'm a homebody too just like you -- there's no place like home and you will really enjoy seeing your own quilt done of the houses you admire and love. Hope to see your creation posted here one day! Enjoy the adventure of house collecting and your quite welcome!

:D :D