"Weigh In"

Old 05-06-2010, 12:40 PM

See, I guess we are all having our own struggles. Thanks everyone for sharing. It makes it easier to not be doing this alone. Now I am off to that weigh in. . .
Old 05-06-2010, 12:41 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by laparshall
See, I guess we are all having our own struggles. Thanks everyone for sharing. It makes it easier to not be doing this alone. Now I am off to that weigh in. . .
Fingers crossed for you :-)
Old 05-06-2010, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
Hi everyone. Just checking in. Add me to the list. I know stress triggers it for me, not to mention the inequality of my household and feeling dumped on all the time and never getting to make any choices. I'm still trying. Had a real workout yesterday, when I unloaded lots of extra weight from the house. We have downsized and it is so hard to decide what to keep. We have already given so much away that I was stuck. My youngest son started offering suggestions - this week he is my favorite lol -- and he actually helped. There was a lighter feeling in the house when I got up today. I'm hoping as I get some control in that area, maybe I will be able to better control what I eat and how I eat. I know it is encouraging to hear all the positives and how well everyone is doing (and I am encouraged), but for me, it feels so lonely and isolated when I'm not doing well. Thank you for sharing. Mother's Day just crept up on me. Seems now all I can think about is ice-cream cake from DQ. lol It won't happen, but if I had my car, I might be tempted to get one, but I won't walk several miles for it. lol Hang in there - we are truly in this together. Excellent that you are still getting in the exercise. You are still burning calories and the more muscle you build, the more fat you burn. Keep it up. You are doing better than you think. :-) Big Hugs to you.
Don't those ads for DQ's ice cream cake just drive ya nuts?! I'm gonna have to start closing my eyes when they come on! Just hang in there, Brenda, it will get better!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:10 PM

Have you ever noticed when you have some really GOOD days, it's always followed by some bad days? :( Maybe not as many, but it seems like we feel over confident with the good days of dieting and think cheating a little won't hurt us. The only problem is, if you do more than a little cheating it starts to snowball. Just an observation with me.

The good part is that we can do something about it. Thanks girls for all your support :thumbup:
Old 05-07-2010, 12:04 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by JudeWill
Originally Posted by BrendaB
Hi everyone. Just checking in. Add me to the list. I know stress triggers it for me, not to mention the inequality of my household and feeling dumped on all the time and never getting to make any choices. I'm still trying. Had a real workout yesterday, when I unloaded lots of extra weight from the house. We have downsized and it is so hard to decide what to keep. We have already given so much away that I was stuck. My youngest son started offering suggestions - this week he is my favorite lol -- and he actually helped. There was a lighter feeling in the house when I got up today. I'm hoping as I get some control in that area, maybe I will be able to better control what I eat and how I eat. I know it is encouraging to hear all the positives and how well everyone is doing (and I am encouraged), but for me, it feels so lonely and isolated when I'm not doing well. Thank you for sharing. Mother's Day just crept up on me. Seems now all I can think about is ice-cream cake from DQ. lol It won't happen, but if I had my car, I might be tempted to get one, but I won't walk several miles for it. lol Hang in there - we are truly in this together. Excellent that you are still getting in the exercise. You are still burning calories and the more muscle you build, the more fat you burn. Keep it up. You are doing better than you think. :-) Big Hugs to you.
Don't those ads for DQ's ice cream cake just drive ya nuts?! I'm gonna have to start closing my eyes when they come on! Just hang in there, Brenda, it will get better!
Thanks, JudeWill. :-) I made it through another day without giving in. :thumbup:
Old 05-07-2010, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lneal
Have you ever noticed when you have some really GOOD days, it's always followed by some bad days? :( Maybe not as many, but it seems like we feel over confident with the good days of dieting and think cheating a little won't hurt us. The only problem is, if you do more than a little cheating it starts to snowball. Just an observation with me.

The good part is that we can do something about it. Thanks girls for all your support :thumbup:
That's right, Lneal. You would think that after so many days or weeks, it would all be second nature, but it doesn't work that way. We just have to keep putting in the effort. It will happen. :-)
Old 05-07-2010, 02:52 AM

I am and have been trying to lose some weight but with back issues it isnt easy no exercising for me just little walks and watching what I eat. I have to agree while I was on weight watchers I lost 20 pounds gained 5 back though because I stopped journaling. I don't like to but know if I want to succeed I have to .
Old 05-07-2010, 07:02 AM

Way to go! :thumbup:
Old 05-07-2010, 10:42 AM

Well my weigh in was not a surprise. I had a 1.8 pound gain. Soooo. Let's see, this week I am back to tracking my points. Moving more, and let's get real, taking it a little more seriously. I guess there is no coasting here. There is always an effort to make. I love being healthier, I really like wearing smaller sizes. I had lunch with my calorie counting, size 6 daughter today. I would love to resent her, but she is just very careful with every single meal. She keeps track all of the time. She was very encouraging to me. She pulled my plate away when I was finished eating my turkey wrap and said, "Oh Mom, glad to see you left all of those chips on your plate, good job." And she put her napkin on top of it and put it out of my reach. But, but, I was hoping to eat a couple of them. . .and she said see there you must not have really wanted them or you would have eaten them first. WHATEVER!!! She saved 4 points, and now that I am back at my desk, I appreciate it a little more.

Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day weekend.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:03 AM

What a sweet, thoughtful, and caring daughter you have laparshall!