"Weigh In"

Old 08-14-2010, 06:29 AM

Hi friends!! :-D :-D
I have almost completed the quilt and will post some pics when I am through. I don't know why I take on such great challenges, but I do. In two weeks I have 30hrs in making the top and at least 60 hrs in hand quilting. Wheew I will be glad to be done.

I am looking forward to getting back on my diet and exercise starting Monday. I am making no excuses for myself and am rather frustrated that I let all this stress side track me. So happy you girls are losing weight and you are the support I need right now. I should have stayed focused, sorry if I let you girls down. :cry:
Old 08-14-2010, 10:29 AM

LNeal: Don't worry about being there all the time for everyone. You just do what you can. You have so much going on, and you are always very supportative. We all have days when we don't have so much to give to ourselves nor to others.

Hey anyone ever try Zumba? I went Zumbaing with my 2 daughters this morning. It was a one hour class. Oh my what a lot of fun. I felt a little insecure at first, and I thought that people would be watching me, but they aren't, and if they were, they were only trying to figure out if I knew what I wasdoing, so they could watch and learn. I noticed that if someone didn't know exactly what they were doing, my eyes were searching for someone who did. And the size of a person has absolutely no bearing. No one notices sizes either. It was so much fun. Can't wait to go back on Tuesday evening.

This is a Zumba class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BILiNvLA-lo
Old 08-14-2010, 12:46 PM

Haven't tried that. I don't get out of the house much. No particular reason, I probably should.(get out more). But usually just to the store or back, or to class when school is on. Sounds like fuh though. I've seen the infomercials on tv.
Lneal, don't run yourself down. It's hard to eat right when you ahve so much going on. And you have a lot going on. So just get back on when you can, we will all still be here. ha I gained a half pound this week, go figure? I'm beginning to think I'll never see that next zero.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:41 AM

Hi girls and how is everyone doing today! I am finished with my quilt project and ready to get back in the swing of things! :-D :-D
I had 30 hrs in making the top and a "least" 60 hrs in hand quilting it. I did it all in about 2 weeks and it is no wonder I had little time for myself. Now that is all behind me and the big surprise birthday party is tomorrow night!

I have been thinking about "motivation" I know we all have times when our motivation gets slow or sidetracked somewhat. Thats when we have to pull ourselves back up and get motivated again. What keeps you motivated to lose weight? :-D Would anyone like to share?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-102587.jpe  
Old 08-23-2010, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Lneal
Hi girls and how is everyone doing today! I am finished with my quilt project and ready to get back in the swing of things! :-D :-D
I had 30 hrs in making the top and a "least" 60 hrs in hand quilting it. I did it all in about 2 weeks and it is no wonder I had little time for myself. Now that is all behind me and the big surprise birthday party is tomorrow night!

I have been thinking about "motivation" I know we all have times when our motivation gets slow or sidetracked somewhat. Thats when we have to pull ourselves back up and get motivated again. What keeps you motivated to lose weight? :-D Would anyone like to share?
What a beautiful quilt. I have been having problems being motivated this summer too. I have been busy doing active things, but not my normal routines. However, I have been motivated by the Zuma workouts my daughters and I have been going to. We went 3 times last week, and we have 2 days scheduled this week also. It didn't show up on the scale last week, but I'm sure it will eventually. Patience!
Check out www.Zumba.com to see if there is something in your area. Zumba is nationwide and a lot of fun. I was motivated to do other activities as well for the past week too. My energy level has increased so much. So for today, I am motivated once again. Oh yeah, remember to take a bottle of water with you if you do go to Zumba, you'll want it.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:04 AM

Very pretty quilt! I love browns. You know what motivates me? Pictures. A freind snapped a picture at a lunch we went to Friday and I just saw it. Boy, and I thought I looked better after that 18 lbs. Nope, need another 18 at least. :) But I just canned 16 qts of apple pie filling and one jar didn't seal, so had to make a pie and then of course, we are eating it. Can't let it go to waste, just going to my waist I think...also did 13 half pints of zucchini relish. I love to can!
Old 09-04-2010, 04:50 PM

Hi girls! Well I have completely fallen off the wagon this time and desperately trying to get back on!!! Just wish this wagon would slow back down. :lol: :lol:
I hope you are all doing well as I am sure summer has been busy for all of us. We can do this and after Labor Day weekend lets band together and pull through our slumps!
Looking forward to posting again and sharing all the encouraging tips we can.
:thumbup:
Old 09-04-2010, 09:59 PM

Okay, everyone back on the wagon, hurry up and jump fast to get back on it. Don't let it run you over! We can all do this. Now that school is back in, we can make a schedule again. If you are working, or going to school. How about taking one of the WW soups to eat instead of buying a burger or piece of pizza for a snack, or a meal. If you have accesss to a microwave, it's easy to take soup, and only 1 pt per cup. A great deal! So run if you have to, but catch up with that wagon again! :)
Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 AM

I'm on the wagon! DH and I are getting ready to go on vacation, two trips. One to Northern Michigan, and the other to Florida. I am getting ready to join a weight loss challenge with the Zumba group I joined with my daughter. Zumba is still a lot of fun, I am getting super fit. I can actually see a diference in the mirror, and people are complimenting me.

So Lneal. Get back on that wagon, and let's get back the old zest for getting healthy. Schools back in session, and so is our desire to be healthy.

Pats8e8, great suggestion of soup for lunch. When we return from vacation, I am going to start making up a pot of soup each week. It always makes such a great lunch. Especially the weekend, when I forget to eat until I am starving.

I haven't had any big losses, but I have maintained like there's no tomorrow. Let's see what September brings.

Good luck to everyone.
Linda