"Weigh In"

Old 08-09-2010, 09:27 AM

Hi, I knew you were out there somewhere, just had to find you. You have been very busy. I've had a pretty relaxing summer. Will be back to school on the 30th. I have had time to sew though, which is so nice. Spent this weekend embroidery my son's scrubs. I hate doing the legs, have to take out the seam then use my serger to put it back together again. But the office decided to go all navy blue so I had to do all his new sets. Now I'm wondering if any of the others in the office will want theirs done.
Laparshal, sure wish I had some of your stamina. Does walking on that treadmill wake you up? I am still fighting it, just look at it and think I will get on it sometime.
Lneal, didn't realize you had such a hectic schedule. I know about school, what is your major?
Zennia, welcome aboard! We are always glad to see new members. You are wise to get on this before it becomes worse for your health. Are you going to any groups like WW?
Well, I need to get out in my garden, doesn't look like it will be too hot out there yet. DH is usually out there by 6am. I'm still in bed at that time. Talk to you all later.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:32 AM

Pats8e8: Once you get past the point of getting started on the treadmill, the energy level is unbelievable. I have a DVD that I walk to, so it makes it easier. I usually use the bathroom, wash my face, and then make the coffee and get my glass of water, by then I am awake. The DVD includes a 5 min warm up with 6 intervals (3 mins fast w/incline with a 1 minute rest) and at the end a 5 min cool down. When I have more time and still have a lot of energy, I really like to walk longer. My goal is 10,000 steps per day, and the longer I stay on the treadmill the easier it is to get those steps in.

Let me say though that when I first started walking on the treadmill, I only walked for 5 to 10 minutes maximum and that was at a very low speed and no incline. And by the way, I thought I was going to die doing that. But then I didn't die, I got stronger. But I had to build up to using the DVD. Plus I have it in front of the TV, so I can watch something that I have recorded that no one else in my family is interested in. Don't be afraid. . .jump on and walk.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:04 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the welcome. I am sure I found the right place to be, You are all so helpful. I was reading about the tredmill. I love using mine in the winter. Summer time I ride my bike. One day I will go between 6-7 miles and other days just around here for 30 min. but I make sure to do one every day. Thats a promise I made to doctor. A nice benefit I got from riding 6 miles is I met a lonely older lady sitting out in her yard just wanting someone to talk to. So now I have a new friend.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:05 AM
Power Poster

http://www.quickandsimple.com/recipe...lick=recipe_sr

Good summer recipe I found.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by zennia
This looks good. So nice that you have met a friend. You probably mean a lot to her too. Sometimes life is so nice.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by zennia
Thanks for the welcome. I am sure I found the right place to be, You are all so helpful. I was reading about the tredmill. I love using mine in the winter. Summer time I ride my bike. One day I will go between 6-7 miles and other days just around here for 30 min. but I make sure to do one every day. Thats a promise I made to doctor. A nice benefit I got from riding 6 miles is I met a lonely older lady sitting out in her yard just wanting someone to talk to. So now I have a new friend.
That is so great that you stopped and spoke to that lady. I hope when I am older someone will do the same for me.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:29 PM

laparshall, here it is several days in and I still am not on that treadmill. But I got stuck at the pharmacy today and walked and walked around in circles until my order was ready. ha It's a real wonder I didn't get dizzy! (dizzier than I am already anyhow). :)
Old 08-12-2010, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
laparshall, here it is several days in and I still am not on that treadmill. But I got stuck at the pharmacy today and walked and walked around in circles until my order was ready. ha It's a real wonder I didn't get dizzy! (dizzier than I am already anyhow). :)
Hey, don't discount that walking in circles and pacing while waiting in line. Now that I wear a pedometer, I understand how each step adds up and every little step counts. And since I now have a goal in mind (10,000 steps), I will take a few extra steps so that I reach my goal by bedtime if I am close enough that is. Sometimes, I walk in place while I am brushing my teeth or setting up the coffee pot. Any movement counts toward working off calories. I have a WW pedometer, and it tells me how many activity points I've earn for the day too. So if I reach my goal, I get 3 additional points. They must be used during that same day though. No banking activity points.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
Hey, don't discount that walking in circles and pacing while waiting in line. Now that I wear a pedometer, I understand how each step adds up and every little step counts. And since I now have a goal in mind (10,000 steps), I will take a few extra steps so that I reach my goal by bedtime if I am close enough that is. Sometimes, I walk in place while I am brushing my teeth or setting up the coffee pot. Any movement counts toward working off calories. I have a WW pedometer, and it tells me how many activity points I've earn for the day too. So if I reach my goal, I get 3 additional points. They must be used during that same day though. No banking activity points.
Hey now, that sounds neat. I may just have to go to the WW meeting place and see if I can get one. I have a cheapy one but I sometimes think it messes up. I also have one that works with my treadmill, it's okay, but I forget to use it. I like the idea of knowing how many activity points you have.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:47 AM

. . .Hey now, that sounds neat. I may just have to go to the WW meeting place and see if I can get one. I have a cheapy one but I sometimes think it messes up. I also have one that works with my treadmill, it's okay, but I forget to use it. I like the idea of knowing how many activity points you have.
The WW pedometer is a really nice one. It has a lot of features. It is worth the price, but I had a $5 off coupon when I bought mine, so it made me say ok. The one I had before that kept clearing itself. So I never knew how many steps I actually had. I do love the WW one. And it stores 7 days worth of info. The one thing that I figured out was that it kept popping off my waist band, or pocket, so now I clip it inside my pants to my underware, so it holds tight and no more losing it.
It is pretty easy to operate too once you figure it out.