"Weigh In"

Old 08-01-2010, 09:04 PM

Hey kids, do any of you know how many pounds you have to lose to go down a dress or pants size?? I'm just wondering, would like to drop a size by Nov.
Thanks, you are all doing so good and I keep messing up. Life keeps getting in my way. :~/
Old 08-02-2010, 02:10 AM

I heard years ago that losing 10lbs can drop you down a size in clothes. However, for me it seems like it takes 15 or 20lbs before that happens. Good question!!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:38 AM

OMG ...10 lbs for one dress size. Now that is a reality check. Guess I better start to get on the program again. Just not so strict - hard to do when you are not at home.
We are in a motor home until the wedding is over with. Going out to dinner with the kids and friends. It is always something.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:53 AM

I borrowed my girlfriends step. It is a piece of exercise equipment that you step on and off of. I exercise regulary
but I must have used different muscles. This a.m. I did a 4 mile tape--walking and did my muscles let me know I did something diferent yesterday.But I am hanging in there. I would like to get to a size 10. I know wear 12 -14. But not all 12's will fit and even some 14's won't fit.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Shirlx
I borrowed my girlfriends step. It is a piece of exercise equipment that you step on and off of. I exercise regulary
but I must have used different muscles. This a.m. I did a 4 mile tape--walking and did my muscles let me know I did something diferent yesterday.But I am hanging in there. I would like to get to a size 10. I know wear 12 -14. But not all 12's will fit and even some 14's won't fit.
I used to do a step with the Wii Fit. That was fun, and boy you could tell you did it.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:05 PM

Hey, where did everyone go? I had to do a search to find us. No one is writing. I am, ha. I was down some this week, quite a surprise. I'm probably blowing it today though. It's my babies BD, she's 41 today. She said a friend was making her a cake but she'd really like our chocolate cake. (we have a killer one). So I told her I'd make her one, but she'd have to come get some. She lives all the way across the country. We have the Pacific Ocean and she has the Atlantic. Anyway, I did make the cake, and of course I have to eat some of it now don't I? I will have another piece tomorrow and then give the rest to my neighbors.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:40 AM

I am still here too! I have had the busiest 2 weeks ever and it won't let up for at least another week! I have been off track and I am not happy about it. I have missed my ww meetings and I am out of my routine of walking and calorie counting.
Very frustrating and I have no one to blame but myself :cry:
Old 08-09-2010, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

Hello, I am new to this thread and glad I found it. I am pre diabetic so trying to loose some weight so I stay pre. I was reading where some of you keep a journal and some dont. Trust me it is worth keeping. My dr. just had me do it for two weeks and what a difference it makes. It is time comsumming to make a menu and journal but what a difference it makes. Now I know what I am having each meal and dont just run for the fast not so good hurry up meals.
I have lost 3 lbs. this week and looking forward to loosing more.
keep busy-time goes so much faster.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:27 AM

Zennia, welcome to our weight loss support thread. We have a great group of ladies who have been very supportive this year. We have kinda slacked off, but I'm sure there are still some lurking, waiting for the right moment to jump back in. Please keep joining us and share your successes and ask questions, or give helpful hints. We all love to hear what each other has to say.

Hey Ladies: It seems like so many of us are not as focused as we were back in January/February/March. I for one have found many excuses to give into the negative voice that says, go ahead and eat it, you have been doing so well all year, or just go ahead and sleep in, you did so much yesterday and you need your rest. But this morning, I ignored that little negative voice, and got out of bed immediately when the alarm went off, and put on my walking shoes and went and got reaquainted with my ole buddy the treadmill. And I didn't get one single question about where I have been. I just hopped on and took a 35 mintute walk. And today I feel pretty good about myself. And I have more energy too. So just for today, I am going to act healthy, be active, be aware of the caloric intake, drink lots of water, and keep positive thoughts about myself. I even dug out my journal and wrote down what I have ate, drank, and my activity time. Welcome back. . .Remember that the negative voice in our head doesn't really have our best interests in mind. So we have to replace those negative thoughts with something positive. Like, I like being able to breath when I walk up the stairs. I like seeing the loss on the scale each week. And even if I see a gain when I step on the scale at WW, at least I am at the meeting where I need to be. My favorite positive thought is: I plan to look good in that red dress that I am wearing to the Christmas party in December.

How is everyone else doing? Anyone else have anything to share?

LNeal: Don't be too discouraged. It is just a matter of getting back in the habit. You have been doing so well all year. How's school? Still in classes? or on Summer break?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:19 AM

Thanks laparshall for your encouraging post :-D I hate getting off track but I know with a little nudge from all you girls I can do it. Well said as I myself have had thoughts of how well I ve done and so I think its ok to eat something I shouldn't. Its not the one day that gets you its the day after day of giving in that does the harm.

I just finished up with my first quarter (lots of homework and test) and have started my fall quarter (everything new now). along with this I agreed to make a quilt and do the hand quilting for a surprise birthday gift for a special friend. The party is going to be big with about 250 people. I have had 4 week notice and so have been busy with that project. Materials and my time will be compensated for and so I must do my best at my quilting skill. The problem is I have left no time for myself and I am finding that I eat from all this added stress. Has anyone else done that? I have a week and a half left so I am looking forward to the relief of it and maybe have time for myself again. I have been up at 4:oo am most morning the past two weeks so I am running low on energy. I'll manage and get back with this healthy eating again. Thanks for your support girls :thumbup: :thumbup: