"Weigh In"

Old 02-26-2010, 04:44 AM
Banned

Weigh in day for me. After gaining a pound or two over the last couple of weeks instead of loosing...... I've lost those two and one more!!!!!! I'm down to only wanting to loose 3 maybe 5 more pounds by summer! Slow by sure.
I've added more walking and movement this week, and held to my diet. Tomorrow we are eating out to celebrate my husband's birthday (which was yesterday), but plan to be careful there too, and count that as my 'free' meal of the week.
You all are doing GREAT!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lneal
Originally Posted by lhavelka
February isnt done yet. I get weighed on Monday. I can do it Sunday if you want. Or are you just doing 3 weeks for February?
No I can wait until the end of Feb I just needed to post ahead of time so everyone can get a chance to pm me.
Funny how that works, isn't it?

I had a 1.2 lb gain this week. But after my retreat and all of the wonderful meals the Inn Keeper fed us and the two tables full of "bring a snack to share". Really? Can you say that to a group of 25 quilters and expect anything different? And I mean those tables were kept loaded the entire 3 days. I was rather careful, good thing or my gain could have been more significant. I also missed 4 days of my normal working out, other than the loading and unloading of my car. So I got right back into the swing of things on Tusesday morning, and I am doing just fine. I was very encouraged this morning when I measured my waist and found that since I started measuring in December, I think it was, I have lost 7 inches from my waist. Go Me!!!
Nothing to feel bad about? Right?
Linda
Old 02-26-2010, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
February isnt done yet. I get weighed on Monday. I can do it Sunday if you want. Or are you just doing 3 weeks for February?
No I can wait until the end of Feb I just needed to post ahead of time so everyone can get a chance to pm me.

I had a 1.2 lb gain this week. But after my retreat and all of the wonderful meals the Inn Keeper fed us and the two tables full of "bring a snack to share". Really? Can you say that to a group of 25 quilters and expect anything different? And I mean those tables were kept loaded the entire 3 days. I was rather careful, good thing or my gain could have been more significant. I also missed 4 days of my normal working out, other than the loading and unloading of my car. So I got right back into the swing of things on Tusesday morning, and I am doing just fine. I was very encouraged this morning when I measured my waist and found that since I started measuring in December, I think it was, I have lost 7 inches from my waist. Go Me!!!
Linda
7 inches?!! Way to go! That is huge. I am sure I would have done much worse than 1.2 if it were me.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

THE WEIGH IN REWARD THREAD IS UP................YOU HAVE TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get rid of your fat and you could WIN FQ's. Go check out the thread. Thanks Linda for keeping the fun going. :D :D :x
Old 02-26-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mel
Originally Posted by laparshall

Linda
7 inches?!! Way to go! That is huge. I am sure I would have done much worse than 1.2 if it were me.
Thank you. 7" makes a really big difference. So while the scale isn't moving quite so fast, I can still see that I am making progress with toning my body.

Believe me, I wanted to try some of everything on those tables, but I resisted. Honestly, I ate somethings twice. But that is just the way life is. You have to reward yourself sometimes. I have decided that I am not going to deprive myself of everything that I like to eat. So moderation is the key. And only 1 pound to work off is so much better than the 5 lbs. I used to gain when I was at an event with so many great food to try. Then of course the Inn Keeper fed us very well. One night we had two pasta dishes to choose from, we all tried both, and I am not sorry that I did. They were great. But I was careful about how much I put on my plate knowing that I would eat every last bite.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:57 AM

I will start today . . . hope I have a nice weight loss by the end of March!! Excited about this! Char
Old 02-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by trupeach
THE WEIGH IN REWARD THREAD IS UP................YOU HAVE TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get rid of your fat and you could WIN FQ's. Go check out the thread. Thanks Linda for keeping the fun going. :D :D :x

You have to go to this thread to be included in the fun :-D
Old 02-26-2010, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by quiltincharlotte
I will start today . . . hope I have a nice weight loss by the end of March!! Excited about this! Char
Good for you. Good luck with your March losses. If you want to be included in the fat quarter incentive for most pounds lost in the month of March be sure to check out the Weigh In reward thread.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:28 PM

Can I join in? Once upon a time, I was skinny. I tried to gain and it wouldn't work. Until I got married. And then when I had a child in my 40's it was all over. I'm not obese, but I am far from happy with my body right now. I'd love to lose about 30 lbs or so.

I have a friend that's been wanting to lose too - she keeps making "challenges" for us - so I go a month and lose some, and she loses nothing, so "we" don't win our goal. And out of discouragement I start eating again. I joined the rewards thread - I apparently need the competition!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:09 PM

naturalmama: Welcome to our little group. Soon Lneal will be posting the total pounds lost by our group in February. We have encouraged and supported each other to some great losses during the past two months. There are a lot of good ideas and motivating people here. We welcome any ideas you may have to share too.
Linda