"Weigh In"

Old 06-17-2010, 08:40 AM

Glad you're all keeping up with the weight loss/healthy eating plan. Good job. I'm a drop out but still follow the thread and the suggestions--thanks for the welcome. Dealing with some personal issues right now but hope to get motivated to re-join soon.
Keep up the good work!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:46 AM

I have been journalling everything I eat. Wow you really find out what your really eating. I found I wasn't to honest with myself before. I have lost 8 lbs. I have to add a walk each day, finding this hard.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:09 PM

I'm in. I started on May 24th and am down 11 lbs. I had to go to Costco today - OMG. They had samples on every other aisle!! Cream puffs, coffee milkshakes, skinny cows, fruit juice, chicken sandwiches, salmon patty sandwiches (both of which were on bread I can't eat anymore). My daughter was having a great time noshing while I gripped the cart handle tighter! I didn't cave! Came home and had a salad for lunch after taking her to Jack-in-the-Box drive through. Who said life was going to be easy, anyhow?
Old 06-17-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Woodster
I'm in. I started on May 24th and am down 11 lbs. I had to go to Costco today - OMG. They had samples on every other aisle!! Cream puffs, coffee milkshakes, skinny cows, fruit juice, chicken sandwiches, salmon patty sandwiches (both of which were on bread I can't eat anymore). My daughter was having a great time noshing while I gripped the cart handle tighter! I didn't cave! Came home and had a salad for lunch after taking her to Jack-in-the-Box drive through. Who said life was going to be easy, anyhow?
Way to go Woodster!! I have to do the same thing. I was just telling a friend today that when I see a piece of cake the numbers 300 just popped into my head and I think does that 3x3 inch piece of cake worth 25% of my total caloric intake for today?? I have to say that it is much easier for me to pass it up that way.

But then there are things like brownies that are made with black beans and are absolutely yummy (you cannot even taste the beans if you use a food processor to mix them with) that have protein and fiber in them that are not in the regular box mixes. So, I make a batch of those cut them into 1" squares separate them on a cookie sheet then pop them in the freezer. Once frozen put them in a baggie and when I get that craving I can pop one of those in my mouth and chew real slow or even take lots of little bites to savor the flavor and oh my goodness does that do the trick. My surgeon was the one to suggest that to me.

I hope maybe someone else can enjoy brownies that way too or other things for that matter. I am just trying to share some of the things I am doing.

Oh, btw, I am at 20 pounds lost now. Woohoo!

Missy
Old 06-17-2010, 03:50 PM

Way to go, Missy. What's the recipe for the brownies? Never heard of black beans and yummy in the same sentence!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Woodster
Way to go, Missy. What's the recipe for the brownies? Never heard of black beans and yummy in the same sentence!
Black Beans Brownies

1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon instant coffee
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
2.Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract, sugar, and instant coffee in a food processor; blend until very very very smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
3.Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.

Makes 16 servings

Calories: 126 | Total Fat: 5.3g | Cholesterol: 40mg

This is a soy, gluten, and dairy free recipe. It is not exactly like a box mix but it is very good (in my opinion).

I hope you enjoy!
Old 06-17-2010, 05:02 PM

The doc said in January that I had to loose weight. I am down 47 lbs. with 43 lbs to go. The blood work has improved but needs a bit more of a push. (sugar).
Old 06-17-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by DebbyT
The doc said in January that I had to loose weight. I am down 47 lbs. with 43 lbs to go. The blood work has improved but needs a bit more of a push. (sugar).
Stay encouraged DebbyT. Keep going, you can do it! You are more than halfway to your goal. That is a HUGE accomplishment.

Take care!

Missy
Old 06-17-2010, 05:06 PM

Yeah for you, DebbyT!
Old 06-17-2010, 05:59 PM

bronald good for you losing 8lbs!! Losing weight isn't the easiest thing to do, but with some sticking to it you will see the lbs drop!

Woodster, MissyGirl, DebbyT, Welcome! Sounds like you girls are doing a great job of losing weight...!!

I have a recipe for spice cake that is low calorie and very good too.

SPICE CAKE:
1 box mix of spice cake
1 can pumpkin
1/2 cup applesauce
Mix together with electric mixer in bowl and spread into a 9x13 pan and sprayed with Pam. Bake for 25 min on 350.
Cool and serve with fat free cool whip. The calories are 100 or 2pts for a 12th of the cake. (which is a good size portion)

:-D :D :D :-D