"Weigh In"

Old 06-30-2010, 07:01 AM

Today is the day we pm our weight loss? Or should we just post it here?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:07 AM

You will probably want to pm trupeach1 with your loss for the fq reward prize.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:00 AM

LNeal: Congratulations on your loss. It nice to hear that your effort is paying off. I am feeling much better now and I am working my way back up to those long walks on the treadmill again. Thank you for asking. I have lost 4 pounds in the past two weeks, and I weight in tomorrow again. I am encouraged by finally having losses. Also, just to brag a little, when I went clothes shopping I had dropped 4 pant sizes. That was a fun shopping trip for me. Now I am ready to go out shopping again. I have hated clothes shopping for such a long time. My budget is in serious danger!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:55 PM

Lneal, thanks for that website with the restaurants, it's great, but found out my veggie wrap was nearly my points for the whole day! Brother!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:13 PM

I lost 3.2lbs this week!! I have been walking 40 min now and trying to keep better track of my points. I can see it is paying off with big rewards. :-D :-D Hope everyone else is doing good too!Stay encouraged girls!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:47 PM

LNeal: Great loss for you. That is a great payoff for all of your hard work. Weight Watchers really seems to be working for you. Once you get in the habit, it isn't too bad to follow the program.

I had a gain this week, I was a little (a lot) disappointed, as I thought I should have had a loss. My ring is falling off my finger, and my pants are getting loose again, so I know I am losing inches. I wonder if it is because I have been doing so much exercising again. We'll see what happpens next week. I am not going to let it get me down, I will just be very careful about tracking. So this week my goal is to be mindful about tracking what I eat, especially with the holiday weekend, and I plan to keep up my workout routine. I am back up to 35 mins on the treadmill again, so that is a good thing. Also I spend 3.5 hours in the pool last week. Seriously, a gain? Bitter. I will be over it by the morning though. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:43 PM

Wow, wish I could get myself to do even 15 minutes on the treadmill each day. 35 is great! You must be making muscle to have a weight gain, that is what they say at WW anyway. I weigh in tomorrow, wish me luck. I feel like I've had a good week, but that old scale will tell me for sure.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:05 AM

I must be making more muscle again. I had this happen before, and it was 3 wks before I started seeing losses again. The 35 minutes on the treadmill was something that I worked up to. I made myself get on it for 5 minutes at least 3 times a week. I picked the days and I wrote them down on my calendar. 5 minutes goes by quickly if you have the tv on or are listening to music. I got in the habit of setting out my socks, shoes, and workout outfit at night before I went to bed. I also bought a pedometer, and put that with my clothes. Then I started getting up just a little bit earlier, maybe 10 minutes. I would immediately get dressed and put on my shoes, grab a glass of water, and go straight to the treadmill (after using the bathroom of course). Then once I got used to it, I started getting up 15 minutes earlier, and walking 10 minutes. Sometimes I walk more than 3 times a week, but now that I am used to it, I really don't mind any longer. I set a goal of 10,000 steps each day. I haven't reached that goal in quite a few weeks, but I was over 9,000 the other day. So I am getting closer.
If you don't have 35 minutes all together, you could do 3 10 minute sessions too. But I know I wouldn't be able to make myself get on more than the one time per day, so I don't even pretend that I am going to try that.

Hope everyone is having a great summer and have been finding ways to fit in some healthy activities. It's summer, it if fun to play like a kid. I keep racing my DG, but she always wins. My goal is to get to the finish line first just once. We have been playing in the pool too. Those are some fun activity points. Not sure how to count them.

Anyone else finding some good ways to play hard this summer? Hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July weekend. Maybe we can all think of some activity to do that we did when we were kids and thought nothing of it.
I pray for even 1/2 of the energy, I had back then.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:33 AM

Summer is a fun time and there are lots of ways to get in some extra exercise. I have been doing yard work this week and my is it ever exhausting! (mulching with shovel and wheel barrel) Working in the flower beds or garden is good exercise too. I like the idea of the pool laparshall. What a fun way to burn calories :-D
l like the fresh fruit and vegetables you can find in the summer. Makes some good eating!

Hang in there Pat8e8, and you will soon increase your time on the treadmill. You are doing good!!

Keep moving girls and counting calories, we are sure to lose this weight and become healthier too! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Have a safe and happy holiday!
Old 07-02-2010, 05:40 AM

My weight loss will be very slow. Have Fibromyalgia and CF, so exercising is limited. It's difficult to walk most days for long period of times. My meds don't help either....so it's slow and steady for me....