Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 01-27-2010, 10:46 AM

what a pretty and unusual block! I love it!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:53 AM

ladygen,
I received my block from you yesterday! I LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much! The fabric feels as soft as silk!
Can you please tell me what pattern that is? It's a really neat block and severeal of my quilting friends have asked me what the pattern is called.
Thanks!
P.S. You should be receiving mine any day now and I sincerely hope you love it!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-64157.jpe  
Old 01-27-2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Shirley41
Yahoooo, my first block finally arrived. Thankyou so much, the colors are beautiful. It is cool and fragile looking. Just like a snowflake! Luv it...
Shirley
Thank you so much for letting me know it arrived and I am so happy to hear you like it. I was worried. I love the block and it pops a little better with more color but with a winter theme I thought snowflakes and "white snow" like fabric would be perfect.
Thank you again for my beautiful block-I will be posting a picture of it this weekend (my sewing room is finally organized lol)
Hugs
April
Old 01-27-2010, 12:04 PM

I'm so glad you like it! I was starting to worry it got lost, since you hadn't gotten it yet. It's called Betty's Delight, I found it on the Quilter's Cache site. ( http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BettysDelightBlock.html )
Old 01-27-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Shirley41
Yahoooo, my first block finally arrived. Thankyou so much, the colors are beautiful. It is cool and fragile looking. Just like a snowflake! Luv it...

LOL. :shock: I made this same block pattern for Cindalu.
:thumbup:
Old 01-27-2010, 12:52 PM

Oh, thats right. I forgot that you mentioned the name in your note until I saw it on here, lol. I do have a question though....did you cut out those templates and use them? I've never done that and fear I'll mess it up that way. Was thinking of just kind of figuring it ou with rectangles and hst's. What do you think?
Originally Posted by ladygen
I'm so glad you like it! I was starting to worry it got lost, since you hadn't gotten it yet. It's called Betty's Delight, I found it on the Quilter's Cache site. ( http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BettysDelightBlock.html )
Old 01-27-2010, 01:01 PM

I did use the templates. It was really easy - the rectangles they say in the pattern to cut the templates out of kind of confused me, as they were too big. I could easily have cut the original rectangles the right size and just taken it from there. Basically they were 2x8.75 inch rectangles, then I used the templates only to make sure the angles were correct for everything to match up. Lined up template, put my ruler on top, and sliced it that way. Really super easy.

I'm still not great with HSTs, and almost re-did your block so the corners would line up better, but decided I needed to stop beating myself up for still being a beginner. :P
It's a fun block, though. Would be great with all sorts of different contrasts!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:05 PM

yes, it looks wonderful! I'm glad you didn't change it =)
OK, so you cut the rectangles and then whacked off the corner. That does sound simple. I was thinking I wuld have to trace it out like an applique template. Thanks!!! I love the way it really emphasizes the contrasts!
Originally Posted by ladygen
I did use the templates. It was really easy - the rectangles they say in the pattern to cut the templates out of kind of confused me, as they were too big. I could easily have cut the original rectangles the right size and just taken it from there. Basically they were 2x8.75 inch rectangles, then I used the templates only to make sure the angles were correct for everything to match up. Lined up template, put my ruler on top, and sliced it that way. Really super easy.

I'm still not great with HSTs, and almost re-did your block so the corners would line up better, but decided I needed to stop beating myself up for still being a beginner. :P
It's a fun block, though. Would be great with all sorts of different contrasts!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:20 PM

Thank you dannypanny... I'll keep an eye out on my post box.
This is my first swap :D sooo happy you and I got to swap first :D
Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 PM

Baby Em is really sick, So I have been reading the posts but not responding.

However, when I got this in the mail I had to log on and post... THANK YOU MOOSEGIRL! This lovely, beautiful, snazzy Angel is part of my goodies organized by MadeinMaine. Apparently, Gwyn and MadeinMaine are sending me goodies until spring! I am so spoiled, and after today, I really needed a pick me up. (Did I mention, THANK OYU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!??)

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH! I love her. She is perched on my computer keeping an eye on me- making sure I don't mess up organizing these swaps! lol!

I really appreciate this, Moosegirl. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-64967.jpe