Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201) >

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Quilting Bee: One Block/Month Swap (Please see message from MadeinMaine on page 201)

Old 02-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

PamG and ladybugquilter...have you received my blocks yet for January?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:33 PM

I LOVE suprises... which is WHY I love these swaps!!

Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
Originally Posted by dettonlisas
MadeinMaine your block is on the way!!
Thank you so much! You are super fast! I have a plan for yours that I hope will come together soon. Hope you enjoy
ANTICIPATION :P :-D :-P Looking forward to this swap.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:50 PM

I would love to be able to swap more with you all, but my problem is the high cost of postage from Canada to the USA! We all love to be generous, and tuck an extra FQ of fabric and maybe some other little goodies in a squishy - but when I do that it costs me over $8 to send a small squishy to somewhere like Wyoming (Canada Post charges by weight, and size of package, and distance!) *sigh* And that's not Priority mail, either, that's just regular airmail (it's $5 for surface, but surface takes 6 to 8 weeks to get there!!!) So I can't really do more than one of those a month. :cry:

So, if anyone in New England (I'm just north of Massena, NY) wants to do an extra swap, with the understanding that it'll just be the block, no extra goodies, then I can afford to do more than one swap per month. Any takers?

Jan
Old 02-01-2010, 06:56 PM

How close are you to the US? Would it be feasible to get a post office box and ship stuff there? Or would that be a customs violation?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:48 PM

After a slow start I am being overwhelmed with goodies now!

Today I received ladybugquilter's first package (from December) that went walkabout and then returned to her and she kindly re-sent to me.

Two beautiful blocks and a Chrissy present all wrapped in Chrissy paper. Lovely! One block was version No.1 of the Victoria's Star block (which I have already posted) and the other has beautiful butterflies with matching manicure wallet. Thank you very much ladybug, I love 'em all. :-D

Received from Ladybugquilter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41575[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-41575.jpe  
Old 02-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Second courier delivery - from Gwyn.

Thank you very much for the beautiful blocks and extra fabric. I love the charms and they will look great on my quilt.

I also want to thank ladies on the board for their advice on paper piecing when I was doing my block for Gwyn.

Received from Gwyn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41948[/ATTACH]

Received from Gwyn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41949[/ATTACH]

Americana block for Gwyn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41950[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-41948.jpe   attachment-41949.jpe   attachment-41950.jpe  
Old 02-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
How close are you to the US? Would it be feasible to get a post office box and ship stuff there? Or would that be a customs violation?
My parents used to own a little piece of property with a cottage in upstate New York, so I did have the luxury of having a US postal address, years ago.

I'm quite close to the border (about 35 minutes driving). Unfortunately the border crossing is on an Native American Indian Reservation (Cornwall / Turtle Island), and there's a big confrontation going on right now between the natives and the Canadian border guards that makes crossing the border there a nightmare - very long line-ups, etc.

It would be a minor customs violation every time I brought a package with new fabric in it back to Canada, I think, if I understand the rules correctly.

Crossing the border used to be no big deal for me, but these days with all the extra security, new rules, having to have a passport, and so on... it's a lot more trouble. :?

Jan
Old 02-01-2010, 10:41 PM

Jan,
I'm sorry that it is so expensive for you. At this moment, I can't think of an easier/less expensive way. I will continue to ponder...
Old 02-02-2010, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by ai731
So, if anyone in New England (I'm just north of Massena, NY) wants to do an extra swap, with the understanding that it'll just be the block, no extra goodies, then I can afford to do more than one swap per month. Any takers?

Jan
Hi Jan
I am about an hour south of Albany NY and I do not mind getting no goodies other than a block-the block is what is special to me. If you are interested in swapping feel free to send me a PM.
Hugs
April
Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 AM

Super day yesterday, the mailbox was full. It's like having a baby - you know its coming but your not expecting triplets but I got 3 fab blocks from Deb W. each a treasure and will find a place in future projects. Moosegirl

Moose Crossing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39077[/ATTACH]

Olive & Cream-3D folded
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39132[/ATTACH]

checker Board
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39144[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-39077.jpe   attachment-39132.jpe   attachment-39144.jpe