Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra? >

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Old 05-24-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by rushdoggie
The thing is, its gotta fit you and your proportions, and you and I can be the same band and cup size and

And FWIW: I have been "fitted" twice, each time I was told I was a D cup. I am not, D cups are too big and the C cups fit better. You just gotta try them on.
You may have been fitted umpteen dozen times and it still may seem like they don't fit. Depends on how skilled the person doing the fitting is. There are not many people around anymore who actually have good training with fitting these types of clothing unfortunately.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
I make my bras. Most comfortable I've ever had and I'm not shaped like a boy. I took a class several years ago and have been making them since. Need to make some more now as nothing lasts forever.
How? and how do I learn how? It's got to be less expensive than $30 each and uncomfortable! PM me please with info.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:06 PM

as for the riding up i put hand cream from the hooks over to the side on both sides i hate bras but i can tolerate this way for about 6 hours they dont budge i also hook my bra around the waist turn it to the front bend over and drop the girls in and adjust it from there good luck
Old 05-24-2011, 04:06 PM

When I loss that 119 lbs I had a breast reduction, and now I don't hardly wear one unless I'm out and about town! when I'm home...off it comes....I've found a sports bra that was comphy when I was working and I found it at walmarts they white with a gray strip you pull it over your head, seems to be the only one that I have sound this is comphy!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:10 PM

First thing off when I hit home---sigh
Old 05-24-2011, 04:20 PM

I wear cheapies, with mostly cotton cups, from Wally World. No wires and not the best support but they are comfortable. I'm pretty busty and won't be out jogging anytime in this lifetime anyway so I get enough support for everyday life.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:21 PM

Breezies from QVC are the bras I wear as well.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:14 PM

I have to say I learned a great deal when I went to a bra store. They were very helpful and made sure I was comfortable,that is a HUGE thing to me. The ;lady told me it is not the cups that provide the support but the band and the straps. I use to wear ok I am wondering if I should actually say ,but here it goes this is to help all of you out there that are in the same place I was two years ago. I use to wear a 38G,after measuring and fitting I am in a 34J,I still think the cup size is a little small but try and find bigger cup sizes is very hard. She brought me in one bra I fell in love with made me feel good oh should say gave my back some good feeling RELIEF,finally. It was a aviana bra style 2353. The straps are not in the same place like your um, platex bras and others they are set more towards the shoulder joint than the neck area . HURRAY no more divet do I have. Hope this helps you all. Oh and Please DO NOT get sticker shock when you see the prices.Oh big thing also do not throw your bra in the dryer it ruins the elastic,always hang dry them. Here is their website [url] http://www.avianabras.com/[url]
Old 05-24-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Every time I find one that fits well and is confortable, the style is discontinued. So back to searching. (sigh)
I hear your pain. :ol
Old 05-24-2011, 05:51 PM

I just recently found Coobie bras. They are very comfortable. Got them online at coobie.com. Love them.