Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone have an add a 1/4 inch ruler? >

Anyone have an add a 1/4 inch ruler?

Anyone have an add a 1/4 inch ruler?

Old 06-28-2011, 03:39 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by skjquiltnut
Thanks MTS for the website link. Sorry but I can't really see the ruler itself; it is encased in a yellow pkg. Can you post an actual ruler picture? ;)
Actually, it's a clear package but the ruler itself is yellow. ;-)
Makes it easier to find in the mess on the table when doing paper piecing. :mrgreen:

The Add-an-1/8" ruler is green.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees
I also have a die for this....crazy thing looks like a little brass washer with a small hole in the center. You place it on the perimeter of your pattern that you need to add a quarter inch to and then put the tip of your pencil in the hole and guide it around the sides of your pattern and it adds the 1/4", good for cicles and such.
Now that brass washer is a grand idea! re the Add a Qrtr ruler; does anyone know where I can buy a NOT YELLOW one?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:19 PM
MTS
Banned

Now that brass washer is a grand idea! re the Add a Qrtr ruler; does anyone know where I can buy a NOT YELLOW one?
No. That's the way it's made. Why would it matter? You're not reading anything on it, just using the built in flange.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by IdahoSandy
I have a clear acrylic one from Fons and Porter and it is for marking squares diagonally to make half squares, so 1/4 inch on each side of the ruler. Don't know if this helps.
IdahoSandy
Fons n Porter, clear acrylic!!! Just what I need, Thanks
Old 06-28-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Somerset Val
Originally Posted by IdahoSandy
I have a clear acrylic one from Fons and Porter and it is for marking squares diagonally to make half squares, so 1/4 inch on each side of the ruler. Don't know if this helps.
IdahoSandy
This isn't it, either!!
AAAAaaaaggghhh!! Which/What one is it really? I wanted one when I started reading this Thread ;-) ....now I just Must have one :lol:
Old 06-28-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by Marysewfun
A 1/8" - what kind of patterns need a 1/8"? I have been fussing over the 1/4 " :-)
Miniature paper piecing.

Mary......meet George Siciliano
http://www.georgesiciliano.com/
Check out the Gallery. ;-)
Careful! I clicked on this link and my computer locked up, no idea why.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:27 PM
MTS
Banned

AAAAaaaaggghhh!! Which/What one is it really? I wanted one when I started reading this Thread ;-) ....now I just Must have one :lol:
You do realize these are all different rulers/notions with different purposes, not just that they are different colors?

The brass disc, the Add-a-Quarter, F&P 1/4" ruler - they are not interchangeable.

And there's nothing wrong with George's site. He and it have been around for ages. I clicked straight through. It must be your computer.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
No. That's the way it's made. Why would it matter? You're not reading anything on it, just using the built in flange.
:oops: didn't occur to me that I would not be reading the ruler,
:lol:
Old 06-28-2011, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
You do realize these are all different rulers/notions with different purposes, not just that they are different colors?

The brass disc, the Add-a-Quarter, F&P 1/4" ruler - they are not interchangeable.

And there's nothing wrong with George's site. He and it have been around for ages. I clicked straight through. It must be your computer.
Glad to hear that re George's site, just got spooked when my computer locked up.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:48 PM
MTS
Banned

:oops: didn't occur to me that I would not be reading the ruler,
:lol:
It is marked and COULD be used as a 6" ruler, but that's not its main purpose. In the 10+(?) years I've had mine, I've never once used it measure anything.