"Weigh In"

Old 01-26-2010, 02:41 PM

I am going to weigh once weekly, as well. Everyone is doing so well, finding what makes it work for them. That's what I had to do too. I find keep the food logs helps me stay on track. My exercise for today was just walking. Tomorrow, I will add some strength training to my routine.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:42 PM

Thanks laparshall for that no excuses webpage. I like that site.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:44 PM

C'mon Charlee, I'm pulling for you.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by lacikat
Okay, I haven't weighed since Dec29 so today was the day!
Whoopee, down 6.5 #. Will start weighing wkly now. Last nite was another nite without insulin (2 in a row). Ate a bit more for
lunch, still on track though, so might not be that lucky tonite. Am drinking my water too.
Congratulations! on two nights in a row without insulin. How was last night?
Old 01-27-2010, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by lhavelka
I'm in too. I just started 1/2/10. So far 8 1/2 lbs. Just started exercising.
If you just start Jan 2, that is excellent!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by vjengels
Larpashal,
Good for you , asking your family for help!And getting your husband to go to WW...!
I started Weight Watchers 8 years ago, My daughter dragged me in with her for suppport; Lord I did not want to be in a room full of fat people! Surprise Surprise! I was fat too! I weighed 250, and was so out of shape that I couldn't stand at my sink and do dishes without my feet and back hurting ( not that I want to do dishes....) Coincidentally, my daughter didn't stay, I've lost 80 lbs, so far; I have to say eat better than I ever did when I weighed 120; I am the kind of Grandma I want my grandkids to have, active, healthy, and fun! Unlike their other grandma, who had a triple bypass at 53!! Or like my 1st husband, COPD at 52! YIKES!
To everyone starting this journey, Remember, small attainable, sustainable changes will make you sucessful.
here's proof:
I was a 3 pack a day smoker for 24 years, quit in 99', gained 70 lbs that year.
Joined WW in 2003, took a belly dancing class to start exercising( good place to start if you are worried 'you're too big to go to the gym' those women are big)
Joined Jazzercise in 2004,
Started to run in 2007 using the C25K method,first 5K, then 7K
2008 first 10K,
2009 first Sprint Triathlon, I had to learn how to swim to do it, and I finished in under 2 hours
2010 1/2 marathon in May, and full Marathon in Dec.
It all started with one change.
Thanks for writing your story. I know sometimes I think I have to do everything right all at once. We forget that it is a process and a journey. I was encouraged; maybe even someday I might enjoy a run!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:58 AM

Wow you guys are all doing really great. Thanks for all the encouragement-you're inspiring me to stick to it.
We need to remember we're all different and are going to lose weight at a different rate (I'm guilty of comparing myself to others). If you are exercising, especially with weights, you are probably going to see less "pounds" come off--don't forget: muscle weighs more that fat. So you may be strenghthening muscles which is burning off fat but you may not see it on the scale. Stay with it!!! Judge by how your clothes fit and how you feel--this is as important as the numbers on the scale.
I'm not working today and have errands to run (for groceries, stuff for DH, mom's rx's, etc.) Usually I'd "reward" myself for doing everyone else's errands (poor pitiful me) by stopping at McDonalds for lunch. Not today because you guys are watching!!
Thank you thank you for all the encouragement-in my case I need someone to report to.
Have a healthy and happy eating day!! Jan
Old 01-27-2010, 08:41 AM

It is really encouraging to hear that so many of us were/are in the same place. Wanting it so badly, not sure where to begin. Small steps, just begin and don't look back at how "fat" you were. One of my favorite sayings that I learned at Weight Watchers (by the way it is DH's and my 3rd attempt at WW so don't give up or be afraid to go back again) is to pat yourself on the back for every single accomplishment.
Don't say "I only lost 1/2 a pound". 1/2 a pound is equal to 2 sticks of butter. And if you take a look at 2 sticks of butter, that looks like a lot. So be proud of every single 1/4 pound you lose. I also concentrate on drinking enough water. Since I have a bit of a childish side to me, I like to play games. So I start the day by writing down how many ozs. I should drink and then as I drink a glass I subtract that amount and when I get to -0-, I win. I found that it wasn't as bad as it seemed at first. And when you really get to moving more, and adding activity to your day, that water goes down even easier.

Again good luck to everyone and thank you all for sharing your stories and your thoughts. It motivates me!
Linda
Old 01-27-2010, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
. . .I'm not working today and have errands to run (for groceries, stuff for DH, mom's rx's, etc.) Usually I'd "reward" myself for doing everyone else's errands (poor pitiful me) by stopping at McDonalds for lunch. Not today because you guys are watching!!
Jan: What a big step. That driving by the drive through is one of the hardest things I had to do in the beginning. But then I just decided that I needed to change my reward. So last year I bought myself Wii Fit and started spending time playing with that. I was slow at first, and then I kicked in and started taking it seriously. Oh what fun that is. And again it entertains the childish side of me. I can compete with others in my family or myself, and there is a log that keeps track of your BMI, weight, and activities. So it is fun. And I justified buying it for myself because I was saving so much money on Burgar King and McDonalds. I asked for different things to use with my Wii Fit for Christmas and my family really blessed me with several different items to use with it. It is interesting what your family/friends will do for you if you just let them know what your needs are.
Linda
Old 01-27-2010, 09:29 AM

Update for today:
I walked yesterday for 15 minutes at Walmart, the length and breadth of the store. I stayed on my program for the day.

this morning, I weighed in at 279, I've lost 5 pounds of fluid since Monday...remember, I have congestive heart failure so I must weigh every day and fluid loss is extremely important.

My bg was 189 this morning, but I took my supper shot at 6 p.m and didn't do blood sugar again until 11 this morning - slept in. I think that is probably ok...but tomorrow hope to do better.

I am so proud of all of you for logging in and for listening. Sometimes it just helps to know someone is on your side.

I AM!!! Go Girl!