Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN >

WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

WALMART - FABRIC BOLTS RETURN

Old 04-12-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora
As Baby-Boomers we still have a lot of clout, and there is a lot of spendable cash to backup that clout.

I use to haunt the CLEARANCE aisle at WalMart, but have noticed recently items are only marked down $.50 or $1.00. I am spending less and less money at WalMart, I am buying more on-line, shipping charges are less than gas.

WalMart just got too full of themselves and forgot about the consumer and their collective power.
You are so right about that "clearance". Some clearance, a $60 appliance marked off $1.00 the Rollbacks beat that. And, remember that we Generation X people are at the point of knowing we can't take it with us, the kids are gone (for those who had 'em), and now it's time to spend.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:56 AM

Mine never closed but I am happy for the rest of you if you get yours back.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:59 AM

From Don-isewman--Rumors are flying around here in Muscatine, also. Wal-mart will be bringing back fabricsto the store here also.When they do and if, I would say there will be alot of happy people here. Don-isewman
Old 04-12-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by MissJMac
ATTENTION QUILTERS OF AMERICA:
Today's Wall Stree Journal reports that Walmart is returning everyday products like fishing rods and BOLTS OF FABRIC to its shelves. Seems trying to accommodate a younger demographic is not working and they're going back to the group that made them.
YEAH!!!!!!!
our super walmart has material. a fairly good assortment. it is in Mt. Vernon
Old 04-12-2011, 09:04 AM

Thanks for sharing that great information!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:17 AM

For all the nay-sayers and doubting Thomasa's who are basing your thoughts on what you heard from your local stores, or even corporate contacts: Remember that the little guys down on the bottom of the chain are the last to know, and may not even know what we have learned today. This information is just released, and if they were in the loop at HQ, they weren't allowed to talk about it until the official release.

Our next tactic is to not let them regret the decision. They say this will be a trial? Spread the word to people who will patronize the new sections of the store. Remember, once the items come back to your stores, send in a word of thanks. There is a comment form on the corporate website. If they don't have the notions or quality you want, let them know that too. The war may not be over, but I think we may have won this battle.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:21 AM

Used to go to the WM here but they moved to the other end of town and haven't been there since. Will have to stop sometime when we go to the cabin and go right by the WM there.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:27 AM

Was just at my local Walmart this morning and checked the fabric dept. I noticed some new bolts that are a much nicer quality than alot of their selections. The price was $5.44yd. Sometimes I think I'll never shop there again,but back I go! I am spoiled because my area has many shops,even a few with good prices on all the choicest fabrics. I really like connecting threads,too. Hope you all get your fabric back soon!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:31 AM

I'm on my way over there now to pick up potato salad stuff. I will check it out , and report back to ya.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

This is really great news. I'm on a very limited budget and have limited mobility so I'm happy they have gotten the message that pulling fabrics and certain other crafts from their stores was a mistake. Although I've heard that some stores in the mid-west did not pull their fabric, here in New England they pulled it from all stores. Now I look forward to getting a fabric fix for a reasonable price. Smart move Wal-Mart. MargeD