Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Feeling left out. >

Feeling left out.

Feeling left out.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:10 PM

Hey Eddie, we live in the same state. I haven't lived in this state for very long, but you can come sew/quilt with me any time
!

:)
Old 05-02-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judie
This is such a sad string of replies. There is something to learn from this though.. All of us who have been hurt and rejected ought to make sure we are the first ones to be welcoming and kind to everyone we come in contact with. Not only in our guilds, but in our stores, and malls and banks and gas stations. We are all just trying our best with what we have today.
Oh Judie, I have to say I AGREE with you. People who are rude and treat others in shameful ways should become an example of 'how not to treat others'!
Old 05-02-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by JackieG
That's exactly why I don't join our local guild. Besides, they charge hefty "dues" and I'd rather be with friends. There is another one about 60 miles away and the locals here would rather travel than stay here with the snobby ones. I've been thinking of starting a friendship guild, with the only requirement being you must be nice person!
I think this is a wonderful idea. If I lived close enough, I would attend.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:28 PM

Minda, #1, I love your kitty avitar. # 2 I don't know where central PA is, but my Dad's family grew up in Altoona, PA. Do you know where that is??
Old 05-02-2010, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by in2stitchin
Minda, #1, I love your kitty avitar. # 2 I don't know where central PA is, but my Dad's family grew up in Altoona, PA. Do you know where that is??
I do know where Altoona is, but it's 2-3 hours from me. Do you live in PA now?
Old 05-02-2010, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by in2stitchin
Hey Eddie, we live in the same state. I haven't lived in this state for very long, but you can come sew/quilt with me any time
!

:)
:D
Old 05-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Nope I live in Arkansas ... Dad has been gone for a while, but recently I was going through some of his stuff and found a license plate that said Altoona, PA. I've been in this state/area for less than 2 years, ... but it is beautiful.

Having said that ... There are many quilt guilds in this area and the one I tried was pretty snooty (not certain if that is the right word).

I was a "purest" and only hand quilted for 30 years. Then after 7 consecutive shoulder/neck surgeries in 5 years, hubby bought me a B-Line frame with a Juki machine on it.

:thumbup:
Old 05-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Nope I live in Arkansas ... Dad has been gone for a while, but recently I was going through some of his stuff and found a license plate that said Altoona, PA. I've been in this state/area for less than 2 years, ... but it is beautiful.

Having said that ... There are many quilt guilds in this area and the one I tried was pretty snooty (not certain if that is the right word).

I was a "purest" and only hand quilted for 30 years. Then after 7 consecutive shoulder/neck surgeries in 5 years, hubby bought me a B-Line frame with a Juki machine on it.

:thumbup:
Old 05-02-2010, 06:42 PM

How do I undo a double post?

I don't know how this happened!

Het Eddie, I loved the pics of your sewing rm ...
Old 05-02-2010, 06:44 PM

Well, my experience shows that stuff like this happens in all clubs, groups, guilds, etc. Often the old guard refuses to yield to new, more creative ideas...if it was good enough 25 years ago, its good enough now. My husband and I are licensed ham radio operators, and even in that group, so many things were wrong, even to the point of "rigging" door prize winners! It was so petty that we both gave up our memberships, and didn't even miss it. I join groups to DE-Stress, and if something that is supposed to be fun just isn't, I leave it. My husband has terminal leukemia, so my life is stressful enough without adding to it. You keep doing what you do, relish the joy that your quilting brings YOU, and leave the old crabby people in your dust!!!