Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-14-2011, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Ok Ladies, start drooling. And NO this package is not for you. It is all mine. Hehe

Modennie was SO good to me. She sent the most wonderful, perfect package and it was so darn early I absolutely did not expect it. I didn't even get to stalk! Boy did you ever surprise me! I have never gotten a swap package so-o-o fast! One of our other board members, Ddlbug, is here visiting on vacation and we were galivating around the Florida Panhandle sight seeing and fabric shopping.

We could not believe all the beautiful things she sent me. Those fall fabrics are breathtaking with the matching variagated thread. The Moda Kansas charm pack is full of beautiful prints. The little "Peaches" chicken pincushion is the cutest thing ever. I can't wait to try to make one of those. Moedeenie did a beautiful job on him. I love the snip scissors, patterns, coffee, post it notes, sweet little fall cup cake wrappers, buttons, calender and darling fall socks. She sent a long sweet letter that let me learn a little about her. I hope I get her as a swap partner at some point so I can spoil her too.
Thanks again Faye for the lovely PM you sent! It was my pleasure to put your package together this month.

As Faye noted on her status sheet that she was planning to make a Buggy Barn Crazy Cat Quilt in Fall colors, I decided to put together an Autumn themed package. I sure hope you will post pictures of your Crazy Cat Quilt when finished!!!

Take Care and enjoy your visit with your dear friend! If she isn't already signed up, maybe she will join us next month!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I digitized a design for my SP and need to stitch it out when I get off work. I read a couple of her posts on other threads and am thinking that she will like the mini-wall hanging that I am making. That means that first thing tomorrow, I will have it in the mail. I know, I know... a day after I should have sent it out. Unfortunately, I got stuck on a really long phone call with my academic advisor regarding wether or not I wanted to start my doctoral disertation now or delay it awhile. Then, it was a phone call (and another hour) discussing with my husband whether or not to delay. So, I went to bed with a headache, still not sure if I am going to start now or wait, or just give up on the dream of having a PhD.
please think seriously about giving up your dream. right now it may seem insurmountable, but in a little while if you take a break it might not be so bad. My brother did all his course work and enough work on dissertation that had he ever turned it in i'm sure he'd have gotten his phd. instead they gave him a masters (he'd gone directly for the phd, during the vietnam war)...he later admitted to me that he should have just turned it in and that he was scared of the results and a fuss budget. i really think he always regretted it.

what is your field, have you begun any work on the dissertation? do you need a different advisor if you're not ok with this one...hugs
Old 09-14-2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Just remembered what I sent Lori - embroidered tea towels. Lori, I never got a chance to take a photo of them. If you still have them, could you post?
If I still have them? Of course I do! But too cute to use to dry dishes! Aren't they darling?
Oh my goodness, I LOVE them!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:44 AM

What I tell my kids, and their friends,when they graduate high school is...the next four years of your life are going to pass by no matter what you do. You can either work really really hard for the next 4(+?) years and be able to relax and have fun for the rest of your life.... Or you can relax and have fun now and work really really hard for the rest of your life.

I know there are exceptions to that rule, but someone told me that once eons ago (back when a 4 year degree really took only 4 years!) and I opted yo have fun. He was right, I had a great fun time, and have been working hard ever since. Have applied that logic ever since I realized he was right. And watching my kids and their friends. My oldest graduated in 08. Those friends of his that opted to have fun, are now realizing as they are watching others in their class that are nearing college graduation, that they should have made the other choice.

Whatever you decide is right for you, and I'm sure since you are already this far into your journey, you aren't a slacker. But just remember.... The next four years are going to pass no matter what you do.

Hang in there!!! ((hugs))

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I digitized a design for my SP and need to stitch it out when I get off work. I read a couple of her posts on other threads and am thinking that she will like the mini-wall hanging that I am making. That means that first thing tomorrow, I will have it in the mail. I know, I know... a day after I should have sent it out. Unfortunately, I got stuck on a really long phone call with my academic advisor regarding wether or not I wanted to start my doctoral disertation now or delay it awhile. Then, it was a phone call (and another hour) discussing with my husband whether or not to delay. So, I went to bed with a headache, still not sure if I am going to start now or wait, or just give up on the dream of having a PhD.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by sewnmom
received my package yesterday, lovvvvved it.. thank you so much " londonzoo" i so wish my camera was workin, she sent me a really nice card,a beautiful round tin w/ double wedding ring on it,2 fat quarters of Christmas material, a bag of scraps, [i can always use those] 3 marking pencils, always need those,2 skiens of embroidery thread,a dress pattern,[a jumper], and 2 quilt blocks from Joanns , to make, a really good haul, thanks so much Christina......
Your so welcome! :D I'm really glad you liked it.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by fayzer
Ok Ladies, start drooling. And NO this package is not for you. It is all mine. Hehe

Modennie was SO good to me. She sent the most wonderful, perfect package and it was so darn early I absolutely did not expect it. I didn't even get to stalk! Boy did you ever surprise me! I have never gotten a swap package so-o-o fast! One of our other board members, Ddlbug, is here visiting on vacation and we were galivating around the Florida Panhandle sight seeing and fabric shopping.

We could not believe all the beautiful things she sent me. Those fall fabrics are breathtaking with the matching variagated thread. The Moda Kansas charm pack is full of beautiful prints. The little "Peaches" chicken pincushion is the cutest thing ever. I can't wait to try to make one of those. Moedeenie did a beautiful job on her. I love the snip scissors, patterns, coffee, post it notes, sweet little fall cup cake wrappers, buttons, calender and darling fall socks. She sent a long sweet letter that let me learn a little about her. I hope I get her as a swap partner at some point so I can spoil her too.
Great pkg Faye!

:thumbup:
Old 09-14-2011, 06:48 AM

I'm loving seeing all these pictures! Can't wait to see what my secret pal is sending me. :D
Old 09-14-2011, 07:20 AM

Well crap! No pkg today either (SIGH!).....make room on the bench please! :roll:
Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 AM

Got so excited when the mailman rang the doorbell this morning with a big package....of course I thought it was from my SP but it was a package for one of my kids. Postman now must think I'm a stalker.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 AM

Off topic i know but check this out, I am watching WildearthTv on the computer it is a safari drive they do 2 times a day. It is free and the drives last 3 hours.

http://www.wildearth.tv/safari

am going to do a quilt from all the sunset/sunrises I have taken pics of
[ATTACH=CONFIG]256468[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-256460.jpe   attachment-256461.jpe   attachment-256462.jpe