Tired of carping!

Old 09-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
I like the way you think :thumbup:
Me too, it takes more muscles to frown than to smile. Let's hear it for the happy folks.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Swap Hosts

Well, first off, I was very disappointed that this thread wasn't about fishing for carp! Try as I might, I've never been able to catch any so I was really hoping that the writer was so tired from catching so many and that she was about to share some tips.

Oh well.

I know that many use this board as a place to vent and frankly I think that's a good thing. Others have made friends here and not only share happy events, but also sadness and hard times, too. They get the support they need right here.

No one has a "carp" free life (unless we're talking about fish -- then I am absolutely carp-free) and that is just the nature of living on this planet. Things are great, things are not so great. There's light and there's shadow. There's sunshine and there's rain. It's what provides texture and nuance to the experience of living.

I for one am happy about that. Foo to Stepford Wife Quilters who are happy-happy-happy all the time. But that's just my humble opinion. To each his or her own. I LIKE a little crankiness in my life.

As for those "carping" posts - skip them! :thumbup:
Old 09-25-2011, 10:29 AM

Krystyna

Like, like, love your post.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by davis2se
No offense, but I think that you perhaps don't read enough of the threads posted on this board....Every single day I read posts that thank other board members for their help and graciousness, posts that sing the praises of the the Lord or another higher power, posts that congratulate other board members for their accomplishments, for their children's and grandchildren's accomplishments, posts that offer loving help, donations and prayers to those in need, posts that celebrate the lives that we are living - both the good and the bad, the pleasant and the unpleasant. There are awesome, loving and giving people who participate in this board. Of course sometimes some of us bitch about one thing or another - but those posts as far as I'm concerned are far, far outweighed by the vast number of supportive, welcoming and loving messages conveyed by so many here. For that, I thank you all.
Very well said, God Bless and Thank You

Have a Blessed Day
Old 09-25-2011, 10:40 AM

It is a beautiful day even though it is warm, wind blowing and low humidity (high fire danger) today. We went to church, enjoyed a good dinner and are going back to church tonight for another blessing. I'm a Texan so I knew what carping meant.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:44 AM

Bless you for looking at the glass as half full not half empty.

When I was in Chapel Hill, NC last week, there were three of the loveliest ladies that helped me in the mst fabulous LQS I have been in in a long time. One of them was more than happy to keep my DH busy yakking about veterans and such while she sewed blocks. They were an absolute delight.

I was in our local quilt store this past week and overheard the owner helping a women on the phone who wanted to order some fabric via his Website, but didn't know if the color was right. He told her he would send her a yard, and if she liked it, then she could order more. If she did not like it, then either way, she did not have to pay for the yard of fabric he sent.

Also, while in the Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Durham area, we met the nicest folks and were treated well by all we came in contact with. They made our trip very enjoyable and I will want to return to the area because of it.
The ladies at the Hancock fabrics wer great to talk with too. Even though the clerk waiting on me was under 20, she was able to converse well, cut correctly, and be pleasant at the same time. We talked college talk and she was encouraging me for being in school and learning and likewise, I encouraged her to take her time deciding on a major, have fun, but study hard. Delightful!

When we take the time to look for thegood in everything, when we appreciate what we have, and not sweat teh small stuff, life is more enjoyable. Thanks for reminding us to not be so harsh on our fellow 'man'.

PS - Carping? Let me think about it.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:45 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

well I guess ... Ya want some good news ?? My dog who had a stroke raised her left ear! Her walking is still umm "comical" due to her stroke as is the way she eats.. BUT I do consider it PROGRESS that her left ear raised, even if it was for seconds.

We had a wonderful checker at Wally yesterday who was just learning and her trainer was right there helping her. Lets see what else good has happened this weekend ? hmmmm...well I guess that is it ..
Old 09-25-2011, 10:46 AM

PTL for positive thinking!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:48 AM

Just don't read that crap there are a lot of thoughtful people here who don't gripe about anything. People feel comfortable complaining here like we re a bunch of friends. I still love to come here and feel so welcome when I do.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Darlene
People feel comfortable complaining here like we re a bunch of friends.
Some of us are!