Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-12-2010, 09:05 PM

ODESSA, you should really report this behavior to the corporate office as well. Even if they plan to remove their fabric dept. from you store, corporate office should know about having to wait and especially with the manager so near by and not getting some help for you.If at all possible , get the name of the manager of that store and be sure corporate office knows who it was.
STITCHIN you really should get her name an send it in to the corporate office. From what I've heard that is really against their policy and they should know about her.I have had to wait also for someone to come and cut fabric (when we had fabric), but even from other departments they were always cordial and tried to help.
YOU WERE BOTH PAYING CUSTOMERS AFTER ALL. I wouls certainly let them know that and also let them know that if you were shoplifting you are sure that there would be someone there instantly!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 PM

Marsye, so nice to see such a beautiful smile. I loved your little old lady before, but you have such a beautiful smile.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:23 PM

I live near a city that has quite a few Walmarts. Not very many have material. The one I go to the most however does. There is a lady there who's face would crack if she smiled. She never says one word to you. If I wouldn't volunteer how much I need she wouldn't say a word. Never a thank you nothing. Some day I'm going to say something sarcastic to her when I leave like nice visiting with you or something. Every single time I leave there I try to remember to go online and complain about her. By the time I remember it I would not remember the day or time I was there. I will some day though.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:25 PM

That would be just great!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 09:29 PM

I TO HAVE A WALLY WORLD COMPLAINT. I WENT THERE ONE EVENING TO PICK UP SOME MATERIAL FORA PROJECT THAT I HAD BEEN WORKING ON ALL WEEK. I PICKED IT UP AND A FEW MORE BOLTS THAT I THOUGHT WOULD MAKE A CUTE QUILT. I RANG THE BELL, WAITED--------- WENT TO THE ELECTRONICS DEPARTMENT ASKED THEM TO PAGE SOMEONE WENT BACK WAITED----------AND WAITED------ FOUND SOMEONE GOING DOWN THE ISLE WITH SOME STOCK ASKED THEM TO SEND SOME ONE AND THEN WAITED AND WAITED AND WAITED. FINALLY, OUT OF FRUSTRATION, I PULLED OUT MY NOTE PAD, AND PEN, AND LEFT A NOTE THAT WASN'T SO NICE, BUT TO THE POINT. AND WALKED OUT. IT WAS NOW 45 MINUTES LATER. SINCE I STILL NEEDED IT I HAD TO GO BACK THE NEXT DAY TO GET IT. THERE ISN'T ANOTHER STORE IN 25 MILES, BUT NEXT YEAR THEY ARE DOING AWAY WITH FABRIC COMPLETELY AND WE WILL HAVE TO TRAVEL AT LEAST 25 MILES OR MORE TO PURCHASE IT. I WISH I HAD THE MONEY TO OPEN A FABRIC STORE IN OUR TOWN.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Power Poster

Wow!! We all hate having experiences like that. We no longer have material at both of my 25 minute away WM but my past experiences were always good.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by mrsarbee
I live near a city that has quite a few Walmarts. Not very many have material. The one I go to the most however does. There is a lady there who's face would crack if she smiled. She never says one word to you. If I wouldn't volunteer how much I need she wouldn't say a word. Never a thank you nothing. Some day I'm going to say something sarcastic to her when I leave like nice visiting with you or something. Every single time I leave there I try to remember to go online and complain about her. By the time I remember it I would not remember the day or time I was there. I will some day though.
It's all in the tone of voice and the inflection. The simple "Where did you get that dress?" instead of being a compliment and request for information, when it comes out of the mouth of a real Southern lady it's "WHERE did you get THAT dress?" Meaning "that's the dumbest, ugliest piece of crap you've ever worn."

Next time you see this clerk, as you're leaving just say something like "It is SUCH a pleasure shopping here and spending time with you, you have truly MASTERED the art of customer service."
Old 07-12-2010, 09:52 PM

I was in a Wally World store deep into Missouri and I was not receiving any assistant. My husband who was in a wheelchair was getting very impatient. I had been standing there for a good 15 minutes. I heard others being called to someplace for assistance, so I picked up their phone and said " customer needs help in fabrics and I have been standing here 20 minutes." I quickly got a response, and nothing was said to me about using the phone.
My Quilt World
Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 PM

I don't mean to intrude but none of the wal-marts around here carry bolt fabrics anymore. I also have had terrible experiences and not just in the fabrics. I had a terrible time with a woman who works in the pharmacy in our local store. I found out that there is a phone number that you can call to complain. I'm not sure if it is still in order but worth a try. The number is 1-800-wal-mart. My family wasn't the only ones to complain about this nasty woman and corporate did have a talk with her so it did help. :D BTW, we don't use the walmart pharmacy now. Luckily we have another pharmacy in town that we can use. :D Much nicer people and easier to get along with. I rarely shop walmart anymore since there isn't any fabric to be had at all!!!! Not even scissors!!
Old 07-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Yesterday I had to stop at my local Wal-Mart for some things. While I was there, I stopped at the fabric counter to pick up some basic WOW cottons. Well, as I came around the end of one aisle, the girl from the department comes barrelling around from the other side and nearly runs me and another customer over with her enormous cart. With a surly look on her face, she managed to give the other woman a look that could kill and the customer moved. She then went to re-stock shelves or something.

So I go up to the cutting counter, ring the bell and wait.

And wait.

And ring the bell again.

And wait.

And wait.

And wait some more.

And wait.

And ring the bell again ....

well, you get the picture. After nearly 7 minutes of this behavior, I pull out a scrap of paper from my purse and write a note. It said something to the effect of "This is typical. I have stood here for over 5 minutes, periodically ringing the bell, to have no one show up and wait on me. My time is valuable and I have no more time to waste today. It's a shame you don't find this department important enough to staff it adequately. It's clear that you don't care about your customers." I left it pinned to the top bolt of fabric I was considering purchasing.

What's really maddening is that in the next department over (menswear, across the aisle), there was a manager telling 2 employees to go and do a "good floor mopping" in another area of the store. They clearly saw me standing there, they heard the bell ringing. But none of them were apparently capable of helping someone in the fabric department.

Is this typical of your fabric department experiences in Wally World??? I'm so frustrated and incredibly dissapointed with my treatment. In hindsight I should have left my name and phone number on the note, but I was so exasperated at that point that I couldn't see straight, let alone think straight!
I don't put up with this------I stomp around and fetch staff to serve by getting another member of staff to do this OR go to office; if the server is not good and I have to do things myself I tell them I will see them at end of the week----usually being gormless they query, then I say "having done 1/2 your job for you I will collect 1/2 of your wages!!