Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-12-2010, 02:30 AM

I have found that every department in WalMart is understaffed. I have had to walk about the store to find someone OR get on the phone and call the manager, or someone, and then hear them announce that a customer needs help in the fabric department. That is not a problem anymore as none of our walmarts carry fabric anymore. AND there is NEVER a customer in the craft department that replaced fabrics. That was a real money making decision on their part. I now shop at Holly Hobby, JoAnns, or my lqs.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:35 AM

Sounds very familiar. I can't even count the times I have walked out of the store. There is no longer any fabric in the store here. It's hard to get any help in the store at all. I use to buy paint there but after waiting 20 minutes for help I now go to Home Depot. I usually don't go unless I absolutely have to. They have stopped carrying things I use all the time and fail to restock their shelves in a timely manner. I sure don't know what they are thinking. Their prices have gone up to be equal to other store on most things except junk food.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:08 AM

Marsye,where did you get your cosmetic surgery done, did it cost you a forturn ? I really liked how you looked before. lol
Old 07-12-2010, 04:27 AM

I really miss the fabric they used to have at our Walmart. I never had any problem getting help but I guess that isn't always the case.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I have a voice that REALLY carries and I've embarrassed my DD to death by standing in the fabric department and yelling, "I'm a customer and I need help in fabric." I wait a few minutes and then yell, "I'm still waiting, I need fabric cut." A few minutes later I yell, "I'm going to cut the fabric myself." I actually did cut my own one day before the woman got there. She had to measure everything and wasn't real happy with me but I told her that I had waited too long and couldn't wait any longer for some help.
No problem in the fabric area but my DH and I needed some paint and experienced the same wait, wait and wait. Having been in the paint business for years, my husband finally mixed his own paint, shook it and went to check out. If you cut your own fabric and take it to check out with no scan, what happens then?
Old 07-12-2010, 05:08 AM

This happens frequently with me in Wal-Mart. I have gotten to the point where I pick up the phone that is on the counter and page that s customer needs help in the fabric department. Now they put the phone under the counter, BUT I saw it and still phone for help.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:14 AM

Well thats not to bad when I went to Wal-Marts for fabric one day rang the bell also and no one came, so need to say I picked up the phone and page some one to fabric and I said now need to say any more

Well thats not to bad when I went to Wal-Marts for fabric one day rang the bell also and no one came, so need to say I picked up the phone and page some one to fabric and I said now need to say any more

I have been reading all the comments and the dissatifaction with
the customer service in the fabric department, my response to
that is to make a comment to 1-800-WALMART. They would
love to hear your comments, good or bad, and quite possibly
it will impact the management of the store and the fabric department.
Hope that you give that a try and see what happens then.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:32 AM

I know this won't work at Walmart but it did work at a large mall Dillards a few years ago. (When I was young and fiesty). I had about $300 worth of merchandise and I wanted to check out. Wandered all over 1/2 of the 2nd floor and could not find one single sales person. So I carried my items over to the big door into the mall and waved my dresses around. The alarms all went off and almost instantly I had 3 people coming from 3 directions to stop the "shoplifter". I just stood there and said "Now, who wants to check me out!". I think I was remembered at that Dillards for a while.